• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer XLS 2x4?

louiemacgoo

Reaction score
City, State
Livonia, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
looking to buy!
I am going to look at a 2000 Explorer XLS to buy and was wondering if anyone knows of any problems that I should look for in this model year. Thanks in advance for the input!

Louiemacgoo

"Remember, you can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!" - C.H. Anderson age 91

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are they asking for it? I'll be selling my '01 Sport 4X2 soon and need a comparison to other 2WD Explorers.

This is a 4 door with 31000 miles and they are asking $10750! I checked CarFax and it states that the vehicle was sold at auction after a repo and was involved in one accident with less that $2000 damage!

2000 XLT for sale

I have Black '00 Expl. Sport w/Sprt Pkg., Grey Leather, Moonroof, Chrome Wheels and 6k on Goodyears. Has 38900 miles, Asking $14k but may take over $300/mo Ford lease which runs out 2/21/03 with 12.9k Residual.
This way you could try before you buy. If transfered lease, I would like $600 cash and you pay the Trf. Fee, probably 0-250. My email is at office. Will not see until Monday. Can email pics.

I have a 2000 Sport , and have had a few quite minor problems. All were fixed under warrenty. A very popular problem is the radio display disapears.
Rear wiper motor not functionoing also a seemingly common problem as is the Idle Air Control valve malfunctioning.
Gas milage pretty much sucks but what do you really expect for a 4.0 4X4 suv ya know ?
All in all I am real happy with it. Nice enough ride for a 4X4 , features are pretty nice. It does real well on a long drive. I have no real complaints. Good luck.

Back