Lift Explorer 95-01 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Explorer 95-01

Is it possible for a moderator to combine this thread and this one: Dead Link Removed
It is the same thread going in another direction. I just thought it would help to have all the info combined.

Robb

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, my ingles is very bad, for this reason them I cannot explain everything well what you ask to me, if there is some person in the forum that speaks Spanish I contact to me with her and I explain all the necessary one to him with respect to the LIFT
or if the messages can write in Spanish, I am been thankful

Adrian www.explo.8m.net

SSIKORA.. he said he's still using the original driveshaft (if you didn't catch that).

Fenix, Gracias, tu camión es muy hermosa.

The components of this kit are almost identical to the Trailmaster kit with a few exceptions. Trailmaster includes a crossmember drop bracket for the transmission which strengthens the torsion bar supports. It uses the same tube system for the steering and spindle extension which is inferior to Superlift's one piece spindle which keeps all steering components in stock location.

As for using the stock driveshafts, extended driveshafts are required. You can use the stock front shaft, but it is stretched to it's limit. We had to replace the front shaft on the X we installed this kit on(Trailmaster). The rear shaft does not have to be replaced on either the 2dr or 4dr.

I am not saying this is a bad deal, but I am not saying it is good either. I have always believed in "you get what you pay for". I would investigate who makes it. What metals do they use and what stock. I would rather have trusted parts holding my suspension together while going 65 down the expressway.

Just some things to think about.

Explique por favor quién hace el kit, cómo esta' bien él se realiza y cuánto tiempo usted lo ha tenido. ¿La placa de la resbalón viene con el kit o cuesta extraordinariamente?

También, los kits aquí son muy similares a su kit y requieren un árbol delantero extendido. ¿Qué usted hizo para mantener el eje común?

Gracias...

Originally posted by 2001ExpSport
The components of this kit are almost identical to the Trailmaster kit with a few exceptions. Trailmaster includes a crossmember drop bracket for the transmission which strengthens the torsion bar supports. It uses the same tube system for the steering and spindle extension which is inferior to Superlift's one piece spindle which keeps all steering components in stock location.

As for using the stock driveshafts, extended driveshafts are required. You can use the stock front shaft, but it is stretched to it's limit. We had to replace the front shaft on the X we installed this kit on(Trailmaster). The rear shaft does not have to be replaced on either the 2dr or 4dr.

I am not saying this is a bad deal, but I am not saying it is good either. I have always believed in "you get what you pay for". I would investigate who makes it. What metals do they use and what stock. I would rather have trusted parts holding my suspension together while going 65 down the expressway.

Just some things to think about.

Explique por favor quién hace el kit, cómo esta' bien él se realiza y cuánto tiempo usted lo ha tenido. ¿La placa de la resbalón viene con el kit o cuesta extraordinariamente?

También, los kits aquí son muy similares a su kit y requieren un árbol delantero extendido. ¿Qué usted hizo para mantener el eje común?

Gracias...

Kit we made it in Argentina, hece in steel of 5mm and I have had it in my Explorer by but of 2 years.
If one talks about SKIN PAD they do not come with the Kit .
When axis speech refiereal cardan joint?

Adrian www.explo.8m.net

Originally posted by Harry5150
Your truck & kit looks great.

Do you sell the rear shock / swaybar mount seperately?

Is the rear brake line extended?

i'm sorry. i don't sell the shoks or the swaybar separetely.
The brake cable was not necessary to replace it.

Adrian www.explo.8m.net

Originally posted by Fenix

Kit we made it in Argentina, hece in steel of 5mm and I have had it in my Explorer by but of 2 years.
If one talks about SKIN PAD they do not come with the Kit .
When axis speech refiereal cardan joint?

Adrian www.explo.8m.net

¿Sí, usted tuvo que instalar un empalme doble del cardon en el árbol delantero?

¿Sí, usted tuvo que instalar un empalme doble del cardon en el árbol delantero?

No fue necesario reemplazar ni modificar el cardan delantero, ya que al colocar el Lift de 4" el cardan solo se estira 1cm., practicamente nada y al no tener movimiento el eje delantero no es necesario reemplazarlo.

Adrian www.explo.8m.net

Originally posted by Fenix

No fue necesario reemplazar ni modificar el cardan delantero, ya que al colocar el Lift de 4" el cardan solo se estira 1cm., practicamente nada y al no tener movimiento el eje delantero no es necesario reemplazarlo.

Adrian www.explo.8m.net

Las gracias, lo pienso dependo del año del explorador porque algunos individuos han tenido que substituir sus ejes motores delanteros y algunos no tienen.

Las gracias, lo pienso dependo del año del explorador porque algunos individuos han tenido que substituir sus ejes motores delanteros y algunos no tienen.

Por suerte no he tenido que reemplazar el cardan delantero.

Adrian www.explo.8m.net

I emailed Fenix yesterday, from what I understand, he doesn't replaced, extend or modified his front driveshaft, as 2001expsport said before, maybe the year is an issue, or maybe it's just a matter of time to blow the shaft off...

I like the kit, in my opinion, it looks pretty good, everything but the extended spindles, but in the other hand, did'nt trailmaster had the same extension?? I know that the superlift kit come with new spindles, but trailmaster?? Anyway, you always could get the new spindle from superlift, but what about if you need the front driveshaft, want to upgrade to longer spindles, plus new shocks and shipping..... price way to high, Sorry Fenix, just trying to make a point....

Fenix Extended spindle...
explo_pagina7.jpg

Trailmaster pic FROM RAY LOBATO.(Sorry Ray I did'nt ask)

Dead Link Removed

Superlift spindle FROM STADX2 (Sorry i didn't Ask before)
site1010_t.JPG

What fender flares are on you Explorer? Xenon, Bushwacker? Thanks

Back