4.0 OHV exhaust question!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 OHV exhaust question!!!

i wrote mine down the other day in my quest for chip info... i think its mkk2 i'll verify it later when i get home from school.

I can tell you mine isn't mkk2, sorry.

But definately get exhaust before the chip.

sound

Please dont lauph to hard but you can make your own tunable muffler that sounds however you want it to. fist you need broken or a bent drive shaft, big around as you can find. then cut a section out of it say about a foot and a half long. Then cut very thin slots in it with a torch perpendicular to lengthwise of the pipe. Now take sheet metal from any where or other cheap or worthless metal thats weldable and cut some small triangles. weld them in the slots to make baffles. Cap the ends and cut holes for the inlet and outlet then weld her in there and if you dont get that sound you want then just keep adding baffles till you get your wanted tone. maybe some crazy like me can use this to there benifit. ;)

my explorer has a deep growl and rumble at idle. the pipe broke off at the front of the muffler.
I wanted to let soccer moms know to not get in my way, so I had my muffer cut off ($20!) It's not as loud as you would think on the V6 OHV. Of course, there is a litter of 4 cats under there, too.

Back