City, State
Fraser, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
92, XLt 4Dr
ROOLPAN !!!!!!1st GEN

1014200235153AM52421.jpg

GOD DOES THAT LOOK GREAT
i want one BAD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it wood look even better if it was painted =P

Gotta love custom....

probably inside the back... i was making the same face... looks good though

it would be nice if he did one of those conversions where the tailight swings out and the gas filler is inside.. :D

Looks like a Minivan.
:)

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Looks like a Minivan.
:)

Yet another unneccessary comment.

Yet again.........

Sorry I couldnt help it. :) Actually I want to run a roll pan under my bumper to hide the uglies.

I think it was just the angle that picture was taken at that made it look like a Aerostar.

his tailight does swing open for the gas tank i love the truck i think it looks great you gotta give him props on it for doing all that custom work...i just wanna know what kinda rollpan he used becasuse i wanna do the same thing

Originally posted by jssong
it would be nice if he did one of those conversions where the tailight swings out and the gas filler is inside.. :D

;) ;) ;)
1014200234728AM28561.jpg

I can't tell if the taillight is actually hinged yet or if its just unbolted ;)

Originally posted by Skruba
his tailight does swing open for the gas tank i love the truck i think it looks great you gotta give him props on it for doing all that custom work...i just wanna know what kinda rollpan he used becasuse i wanna do the same thing

It would have to be made from scratch. There are NO rollpans made for the Explorer (for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th time).

maybe he was wondering if he used a roll pan made for a different vehicle and molded it in?

I know Godfather customs made 1 for a BII once, maybe if you call them up they would make you one for your Ex, I am sure it would cost alot, but it cant be that hard! I mean geeze it;s just a piece of metal boxed in on the back..........

Has anyone ever tried to modify a Ranger roll pan to fit? How about a Blazer?

Originally posted by 410Fortune
I know Godfather customs made 1 for a BII once, maybe if you call them up they would make you one for your Ex, I am sure it would cost alot, but it cant be that hard! I mean geeze it;s just a piece of metal boxed in on the back..........

Has anyone ever tried to modify a Ranger roll pan to fit? How about a Blazer?

Were the ones from Godfather's Customs fiberglass or metal? I think the only metal ones they sell are actually made by Sir Michael's.

One thing about making a roll pan for an Explorer is the rear rockers/side panels (whatever they're called:confused: ) ), there's actually trim pieces covering it, some are a stainless material and others have plastic (painted to match or that grey). If you didn't want the roll pan molded in it would look alright with those painted trim pieces, but really wouldn't flow too well with the stainless ones (like my 92 has). Underneath those pieces are some indented metal and a grommet, doesn't look too pretty without them.

ProFinish made that fiberglass roll pan for "black diamond" ('01 Sport) but won't put it in production since you have to hack off part of your frame :( .

thats easy, if your going to make a glass roll pan then you just buy the limited side pieces like i have and then build it from there.

Originally posted by expo5.0
thats easy, if your going to make a glass roll pan then you just buy the limited side pieces like i have and then build it from there.

When I get some time I want to build a fiberglass pan for my 02 Sport, I was planning on using those trim pieces for a mold, I figure it would look a little better as one piece wrapping around the sides even though it won't be molded into the body.

The post I made above probably didn't make sense, so here's a pic of racinjason's X:

7152002110817PM77461.jpg

Here's a pic BlackMagic originally posted from Sportruck.com show coverage:

164.jpg

Hartman had some info:
The rollpan is from an F150, and it took 50+ hours to mold it and get it to fit on the Ex.

Here's a couple pics I had bookmarked (they were taken by someone on this site, sorry I couldn't remember who):
Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

i just wanna know what type and maybe cut it down and get a lexan window

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A Ranger rollpan is too short.

For a rollpan to look good, it would have to be molded in with the rocker panels, unless you have the EB flares like the black Ex above. If you've ever seen an F150 rollpan, and then looked at the one on that black Ex, you come to realize that they basically reshaped the whole thing. LOTS of fab work at test fitting.

Also, keep in mind that 4-5 inches of framerail will need to be cut to achieve the flush look.

Back