• Register Today It's free!

94 xlt make it go faster please

hector

Reaction score
City, State
nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
Bought a mint 94 xlt. Everything works fine. It's got 93k. Low end torque surprised me, the high end (hp) is a failure. There is nothing wrong with the truck, I mean it goes... I just want it to go faster. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make sure all systems including the tranny are good to go..... then do the standard tune up, plugs wires, etc....

K&N air fliter or KKM Intake
Performance chip (superchip, hypertech, diablo--NOT: JET!)
Catback exhuast (flowmaster, gibson, borla, etc)

its going to be slow. its not built for speed i mean look at the speedo....85mph tops.....wow they were really thinking heehhehehee

OHV V6 = slow, even with mods, you would need at least a charger to see some nice gains.

If you have 3.27 gears your gonna accelerate slow anywayz.

If you have 3.27 gears your gonna accelerate slow anywayz.

Tell me about it...

yea i lucked out (right) and got the 3.08 tell me about speed eh?

Originally posted by hector
I just want it to go faster. Any suggestions?

Buy a Mustang!

3.08 is worse on the acceloration than 3.27's....basically the higher the # the lower the ratio....which means your tires will spin slower than the drive shaft....the faster your drive shaft spins in relation to the wheels the more torque you will have at the wheels and the faster you will accelorate...but you will have less top end

for example...
3.08 is for every 1 rotation of your tires your drive shaft spins 3.08 times...the gear that someone says they have is the rated # of times the drive shaft will spin for every 1 rotation of the wheels.

yea you will have less acceloration in town but you will have great gas mileage on the highway....and really every where if you are light on the pedal

Along with everyone else, you got the wrong vehicle to go fast in. I know how you feel. Trust me, your fighting a pointless battle....

Have you considered towing it?

nick

Back