Southern X's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Southern X's

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about SCX South Coast Xplorers
south side the south side.... i dunno just tought id though that in

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just a quicky ;) :D whatcha guys think?

*edit udated club logo on few pages over

Does it have to be all 4x4 off road? can it be sport truck also

that looks cool, i am a 2wd, i would have no problem makin it for everyone....we are all one big happy family haha

OH heck ya for 4x4 off road, 2x4, and streets sounds good to me. I was just messing around with the pic's. I've got some more ideas for logo's in my head ;) Just give me some more pic's.
Oh yeah I talked with one of my friends over on the BFBA (birmingham f-body asso.) here in Bama, not an X club, but a club non the less and he was telling me all about how to start clubs and such. If anone wants to talk to me so we can start throwing around ideas...look me up! :D

email-alliecat21@aol.com
AIM-alliecat21

yea, it looks like your tryin to leave the texans out, whats up with that?;)

Hehe not leaving ya'll out, that was just a quick pic i did I can put texas on it :D. I want to know just what all states we represent here....see all this stuff I'll need to know...if this is going to happen and all. Is anyone willing to work with me on deciding some things about this stuff? I've got a list of ideas just can do it all by my little ol' self ;)

I will help out any way I can. Might not be too bad of an idea since I am kinda close. I, however, do not know that much about forming clubs, etc. I can definately spread the word here in AU. Alot of X-owners here. Not too many modded though.

Stop by
Dead Link Removed
We would be more then willing to help. I tried to get something going in Ga last year and didn't get much response.
IMO...You will be better off grouping up by States. Even concentrating on just Florida, alot of us have a tough time making it to all the events.
Whatever you decide, don't get discouraged. It takes alittle while to get the ball rolling. Figure on 1/3 of those who say they are willing to come to the first meet actually showing up.
But, give it time..
"If you build it, They will come"

yeah thats what I was thinking to start off...
Here some things that are on my list..
-who all is serious about joining?
-what all states we're including....ones in the pic + texas ;)sound good?
-need to appoint least 2 people right now to start this
...then can apoint peeps per region (states) later on.
-membership requirements
-what we're about
-having a club website
-anual cost to join
and such.

I mainly want to know how may people want to do this.
So this girl gonna get it started, If you want to do this say I ;)

Brandon that sounds cool....maybe we can get this rollin to start off, whats everyone think?

Originally posted by mdrut
We would be more then willing to help. I tried to get something going in Ga last year and didn't get much response.

You didn't do a good enough job of spreading the word. If I had known, I definitely would've been a part of it.

Anyway, yeah, like was mentioned, I wasn't thinking of too big a club. I was actually thinking like Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee, and thought that might be too big. Florida doesn't need representation because they've already got FLEX, and the Carolinas don't need representation because they've got the ECX. And Texas is just f**king huge :p

I don't know, those were just some preliminary ideas I've been throwing around.

eXplorerchic and Brandon4AU, if you guys start working on a club, let me know. I definitely want to be a part of the founding process.

Im down for sure. I am working on saving money for my 3" BL and 33's. It will be alot easier to get people to notice me then. I have a friend that owns a customizing shop and can tell him to spread the word to any ex's that come in once we get this thing going. Do you have any web space Explorerchic? I have some but dont have the software to upload anything. If you give me the names of some software programs used for uploading sites then I will see about downloading something off of Kazaa. We can then start up a small page that will be free until we build it up some more. I cant remember how much space I have. It came with my Cable modem package.

I see what your saying diablo... So Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee are what we're going to work with, right? We need to get a vote going on that soon... i'll come up withsome thing different on the logo when we decide

We also need to some up with a membership requirements and things like that. I've got ideas on that. Brandon just IM me or e-mail me sometime soon so we can talk. I got some other ideas that I want to go over then we can present it all to our southern X'ers :)

As far as web space just geocties is all I've got right now, what do you have? Free would be the way to go right now till we get the $$ to do more. We'll have to have pic's, info, mods..and yada yada. I'll be working on a membership slip with all that in it, and see what you guys think about it.

I've got a list of rule/membership things...I'll post them as soon as i finish them up.I've been taking a look at other clubs and made one to fit the S.X.C ;)

One more thing who all thinks getting decals to show your an "official" member sound? I've got a friend that can hook us up for cheap. I think it would be cool and show off and advertise our club. Just something to think about.

--ok i'll hush now I'm just excited about all this! :D

Lets come up with a list of who all we got right now for becoming members

Try useing the search function on the board..USE ECX and Ga Explorers
If I remember right, there were 3 guys in the Atlants area, and a couple alittle further south that were interested.
As far as not trying hard enough, do your homework before making such a comment. I worked on it six months and made 2 400 mile trips to try and get it off the ground.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink" kinda deal.

I've been of the site for several months, hows the ECXers doing?

i will join and help as much as i can too

i would be really interested in helping get this thing off of the ground. again as brandon said i am not that knowledgeable in starting clubs and stuff. but it cannot be too awefully hard. i read through the progress of the ECX club in one of the threads around on this board and though they did have to jump some hurdles they overcame it all in the end and now they are pretty established. hey by the way if anyone needs any kind of softwares of any sort to get this thing started (i.e. flash 5, fireworks 5, any webpage creation application, or really any program whatsoever just ask and i am sure i can get it to you or point you to it somewhere else for free. i know a little bit about creation of webpages and stuff but not that much. if you need any help there i am sure i could get back into it to help out. if yall need any other form of help from me i would be more than willing. good luck. and dont forget to ask if you neep any help. Robert

Originally posted by mdrut
As far as not trying hard enough, do your homework before making such a comment. I worked on it six months and made 2 400 mile trips to try and get it off the ground.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can not make him drink" kinda deal.

hmm no one said we were going to make him drink anything :p There's no reason why we cant have all these ideas its a good thing to be optimistic. I'm excited and gosh darnit if i have to go 400mi then the girl will go 400mi ;) :rolleyes: I know its going to be hard, but I for one am up to the challange. :)

Anyway with that being said rocket i really would like your help about the website deal. Either IM or e-mail me or Brandon and lets talk.

Just out of curiosity, why is there going to be a membership fee for the SXC? There isn't one for the ECX. For the ECX, all you need is to have at least one ECX sticker on your Ex. Yes, you have to pay for the sticker, but to my knowledge no one makes a profit. You're just paying for the actual sticker.

Basically, what I'm asking is why do we need to charge? What exactly is the money for, and who is it going to?

A lot of the clubs use the decals as the fee. They charge you for the sticker and you only become a member with the sticker. We will only need a charge if we do a pay website to keep it running. However I can get one for free if rocket will point me in the direction of some web page uploading software. I am still not sure of the space but I know we could get something started out. I think that the decals are a great idea but that everyone involved should have an active hand in design. or atleast approval of such design. We could have a majority vote type of thing. Well thats enough from me I have to go to work.
P.S.
War Eagle Explorerchic! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think we should try and just get a free website. That would make things much easier and cheaper. But also, at the same time, ECX doesn't have a website that I know of. I mean, I know of 4 or 5 half-finished ECX websites, but none are finalized. Just to say, maybe a website isn't 100% necessary.

eXplorerchic said she could get the stickers from a friend, or I bet Lizardtrac could make the stickers if we asked. We should just get a variety of designs drafted up, then vote on here and see which one everybody (or the majority) wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back