exhuast | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

exhuast

HH1

Reaction score
hey guys...x's xhuast is all rotted out. Do i do the gibbson or the borla? or do i save the $$ and have a shop put in the pipe and a delta 40 or 50?
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My exhaust advice:

Dead Link Removed

okay so magnaflow delta 40's for a v6 with 2 1/2 " exhaust. Kewl :)

Originally posted by HH1
okay so magnaflow delta 40's for a v6 with 2 1/2 " exhaust. Kewl :)
???:confused: :confused:

magnaflow delta's?

Flowmaster makes the Deltas.

Magnaflow mufflers are basically all the same unless you get the Magnapacks (extremely loud).
:)

Originally posted by HH1
lol! see thats why i need you guys:D
lol, you'll like the magnaflows though, only heard them on V8's and they sound incredible - perfect exotic rumble.

Haven't heard them on an ohv V6, but Alec really likes his and gives a good description on how they sound:D

my advice is go with the flowmaster. here's the link to the clip of my exhaust. OHV V6...gotta cut and paste the link to the address bar.

Dead Link Removed

I also agree with Dave. I too have a Flowmaster 40 series, although single exhaust. Mine sounds similar to his. I love it, I just did a muffler swap.

Alec is there any way you can record your magnaflow exhaust? I'm curious as to how it sounds on a 4.0 ohv engine.

I've only heard them on V8's like Mustangs and they sound sweet as hell. All the guys I know with GT's and Cobras run Magnaflows with one having flowmasters.
The Magnaflows are about as loud as Flowmasters but sound way different, more of an exotic rumble, go listen to a dohc cobra with maganflow x-pipe and catback - drooool:p , I can sit in my friends 03' Cobra all day long and just listen to that engine.:D

Saleen,
Mine sounds nothing like a mostly stock OHV V6 due to the supercharger. Also, people keep asking me to record it but I don't have any way to do that right now.

Originally posted by Alec
Saleen,
Mine sounds nothing like a mostly stock OHV V6 due to the supercharger. Also, people keep asking me to record it but I don't have any way to do that right now.
you get a little bit of that hissing/whine noise?:p Thats what my friends 03' Cobra has, just a little bit of whine under full throttle but it sounds sweet combined with the magnaflow setup.

i drool at any 03 cobra, that exaust just SCREAMS!!!! just love it. They don't sound like any other mustang before them...

Originally posted by XLT_66
i drool at any 03 cobra, that exaust just SCREAMS!!!! just love it. They don't sound like any other mustang before them...
My friend already has just about all the mods (Pully swap from the Lightning engine ect) and it's sick fast. But yeh, the exhaust is nutz. Stock it was nice, but after he had a Magnaflow catback and Magnaflow x-pipe along with longtube headers it friggen screams and has the sweetest idle and growling sound I've ever heard from any vehicle. It's hard to describe the sound on a 4.6 dohc with a Magnaflow setup, it has a very deep sound to it at any rpms with a sick and exotic burbaly tone to it, I wanna bust a nut every time I'm in it especially at redline - insert drooling - :D

Back