E-brake light comes on when hitting the brakes! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

E-brake light comes on when hitting the brakes!

Positive Vibes

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Cruz, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Just started this morning. The e-brake light comes on when I stop at a light etc. What could this be? Just a sensor? I was hoping to get some info before I take it in and have them check it. Thanks people!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Low on brake fluid. As your brakes wear, you often times need to add more fluid.

Robert: That is a very good idea. Duh. Should have been the first thing I check. Thanks for the input. I'll check on break.

When mine started lighting up during braking, it turned out to be the master cylinder.

Simple things first.. check brake fluid level, bleed the brakes(look for wet spots, if leaking), check brake pads..start replacing stuff.

*After replacing the m.c. , I found out the rear ABS control valve wasn't working. After replacing that, and rebleeding everything...all is well.

Well I do have a leak on my master cylinder. They wanted to replace the ABS controller and the master cylinder for like over $1k (parts and labor). I shouldn't have to replace the ABS controller should I? Any feedback or thought are welcomed! Thanks!

Back