Custom paint | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom paint

Yall know the plastic trim and bumpers on the Sports, Do yall think it would look good painted to match the truck? It's a 1999 Sport and it's Red. Advice wanted. Thanks.

Im prolly gona get that done when me and my dad stip the rack and all the emblems along with that nasty pin stripe. :D (Perks of my dad owning a paint and body shop)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by XplorerKid
...i will try to work on my grammer( lol )...
Are you laughing because you misspelled grammar on purpose?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by XxX_Sport_XxX
He makes me work for what I have done, he takes it outa my check (What a dad :D ) But i get 50% off, he makes no profit off me. But he said i should stay away from takin of the rack. Ill prolly do what you did. It looks great. and I might put svt emblems up if takin emblems off leaves holes.

And no prob about your truck, its like a guideline for me. What do you think about the 'Double Molding or stacked moldoing look on the sport.. Take them off?'

I would leave the moldings on and paint them red (your truck is red, right?) In 98 they started putting the emblems on with glue so there will be no holes if you take them off.

If you are good at photoshop, use that to paint your truck and see what it looks like. If not, maybe a member on here can do a quick chop for you.

Muahahahaha, 2 little suv icons (100 posts) Yay' for me! :D

So what are you gonna do about the moldings?

Im keeping them on, all the body works being done on the second. Ill get pics up then, Peace !

Back