• Register Today It's free!

B&M shifter module

frj00

Reaction score
City, State
Allentown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport 4wd 4.0 SOHC
I have seen the B&M shifter adjuster that plus in and has three settings has anyone used this and is it worth the bucks..it appears to be a good idea but the 140.00 pricetag makes you think it's junk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ummmm...... were did you see one for $140? i got mine for $30. and yes, they are worth it ($30).

try www.summitracing.com

Mine was also $30, definately worth the price.

140.00:eek: , like they said also; my friend got his for about $30 and it works awsome.

Jet has one that is about $100 or so, but the B&M is around $30-40. I like the B&M on the basis of bang-for-the-buck.

And the fact that JET products tend to cause whatever they touch to explode :rolleyes:

yes, young friend, stay away from JET products as if they contain herpes.;)

Originally posted by Alec
And the fact that JET products tend to cause whatever they touch to explode :rolleyes:

Do you speak from experience?

Originally posted by Alec
agreed, jet sucks, causes a lot of people to lose power on the dyno as with two friends with Mustangs (5.0 and 4.6), and in the truckin and suv magazines has caused problems by not running right. I think a 4.7 Dakota tested by trucking was the only vehicle that ran right.
Originally posted by james t
yes, young friend, stay away from JET products as if they contain herpes.;)
heh, lol:D

Mine was $40 CAN

Originally posted by IAmTodd
Do you speak from experience?

I do.

I got one in a box in my garage. only installed once - I'll sell it to ya cheap (with no warranty)
It did not work.
JET Customer service is some of the worst Quote: "well...we never really put one on a 2000 that I know of, but all the 4R70's are the same...."
EE would not take it back, even tho it would not work. "NO returns on installed electronics..."

(If I knew how to operate those trendy little smiley faces it woul be shooting at the word JET right now).

The B&M one fit's only a few trans that ford makes but jet has one that fits all the current explorers, if it's anything like the chip I got forget it

For Rizzo

:fire:JET :shoot::fire:

wondering it it will fit the 99 with the 5R55E trans, how cheaP??

do a search, i posted all of the transmission codes that it works on in a similar thread to this one.

does anyone know if tere is a tranny shift kit for a 98 v6 SOHC, 4x4 explorer available????
Moose

Back