Land Rover G4 Challenge

dave93LTD

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Durango
For the Land Rover Fans.

The Land Rover G4 Challenge is gearing up and selecting competitors to participate in this world wide event. 16 teams from around the world will be competing in different events. The challengers will be driving in different parts of the world in four types of Land Rover vehicles (Range Rover, Discovery, Defender, Freelander)

The Challenge begins in New York on March 30th and goes until May 1st.
1st leg: New York to Quebec (Freelanders)
2nd leg: Cape Town,South Africa to the Drakensberg mountains (Defenders)
3rd leg: Sydney to Darwin, AU (Range Rovers)
4th leg: Moab to Las Vegas (Discoveries) I think around the 28th.

Might be a good time to plan a run up there.

For more info check out http://www.landroverg4challenge.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You guys should put a team together and try and complete in an event! I know we have some of the best "Wheelers" arround on this site!

Rick can lead the team.

GO FOR IT

Well, we could probably find the exact path from a map or something, then come back and do the exact trail at a later date after they've done it

Land Rovers are amazing, especially with that locker they have (forget what its called, but it acts like a 4 wheel limited slip). I saw a Land Rover Disco attack and conquer a nasty rock obstacle in GWNF in VA with ease. That challenge they do every year is some spectacle to watch.

Nevermind, you're right, I did miss your point.

I thought the teams had to have their own Land Rovers:confused:

It is already past the deadline for the USa.

Lame attempt to re-animate the Camel Trophy spirit :( Maybe not that lame, but I was/am a Camel Trophy fan, so..... They should never have stoped sponsoring the Camel Trophy in first place (decision by BMW) so they would not have to try to create something new now.

I don't know about the new thing, but try-outs for the Camel were extremely hard. I made it 3 times to the quarter finals for the Swiss Camel Trophy Team, but never made it to the semis. But anyhow it was fun :cool:

Originally posted by donkey boy
I made it 3 times to the quarter finals for the Swiss Camel Trophy Team, but never made it to the semis. But anyhow it was fun :cool:

That sounds awesome! What was it like?

Back