• Register Today It's free!

VIN Help Please

frj00

Reaction score
City, State
Allentown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport 4wd 4.0 SOHC
I have tried but cannot read my VIN to find what gears etc. any help would be great
VIN# 1FMYU24X2XUC24511
it's heard to order parts when your not sure what you have, what rear would this be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

USA
Ford
Multipurpose Vehicle
Explorer
4x4 2dr
(OHV but you said you had SOHC?)
Louisville
SN #C24511

The axle code will be on your driver door on the sticker with all the info. Under "axle".

And you sure you have a SOHC?

Well as my first post I'll try and do some good and help ya out here!!!

Here's the info you wanted for VIN#1FMYU24X2XUC24511

4.0 EFI OHV

Trans= 5R44/55E

Axle 42= 4.10 Non- Limited Slip

Also you have 2 recalls open on your truck!!

00S04 JUMPER HARNESS AND MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH

99S18 SECONDARY HOOD LATCH

Later,
Rob

Thanks Rob, guess you can actually check each vehicle rather than just decoding it like I did.

So 2 open recalls, get those fixed
and,
do you have the OHV or SOHC? Check under the hood man! You've been complaining about the lack of performance parts for the SOHC for months, maybe the solution has been right under your nose, that you have the OHV?

the cover on the intake say's SOHC the motor should be an E code right? what is the OHV then? where will it be located on the block?

The OHV motor says 4.0 EFI on the top instead of SOHC. Hmmm......

Something is strange with your truck then if you have the SOHC and your VIN and records say OHV.

What does the top of the motor look like, the intake manifold? Is it a single plenum with 3 parallel tubes coming off of it, or does it look kinda like a Q?

how do you check for pending recalls?

I don't know of any free online sites. Have you tried calling up your dealer and giving them your VIN?

No I haven't maybe I would give them a call

it has the three tubes and on the radiator support it has a picture of the belt system for the SOHC, I'm going to the shop tomorrow to find out about the recalls and see why the VIN could be mixed up, I bought the truck used maybe a motor change? I just replaced the theromostat and I needed the one for the SOHC so I'm pretty sure that's it. by the way did any Rangers come through with auto on the floor and have the same trans as I do..just a thought, mailed a parts dist. in the UK to see if I could get a floor shifter liike the X's over there
thanks for your help guys

Originally posted by Alec
Thanks Rob, guess you can actually check each vehicle rather than just decoding it like I did.

So 2 open recalls, get those fixed
and,
do you have the OHV or SOHC? Check under the hood man! You've been complaining about the lack of performance parts for the SOHC for months, maybe the solution has been right under your nose, that you have the OHV?

I am a Ford Tech at a Dealer so I have access to check VIN#'s

Originally posted by frj00
it has the three tubes and on the radiator support it has a picture of the belt system for the SOHC, I'm going to the shop tomorrow to find out about the recalls and see why the VIN could be mixed up, I bought the truck used maybe a motor change? I just replaced the theromostat and I needed the one for the SOHC so I'm pretty sure that's it. by the way did any Rangers come through with auto on the floor and have the same trans as I do..just a thought, mailed a parts dist. in the UK to see if I could get a floor shifter liike the X's over there
thanks for your help guys

Sounds like to me that your mixing up the basic understanding of what your looking at and your wording as to what you actually have?

OHV: means over-head valve. Which means that your cam is within the block.

SOHC: means single over-head cam. Which means that you have a cam in each cylinder head.

These motors will look very different!!!

Now your VIN# doesn't show a E in it and I can't see a 99 having an engine swap done and if there was a problem with your vehicle the VIN# would be branded by Ford itself meaning all basic and extended warranties would be null and void except for emissions due to Federal Laws.

Later,
Rob

I'm going to double check the vins from the dash and the registration and see where the confusion is tonight..look for a post this evening

I double checked the numbers and looked at the registratuion card
VIN#1FMYU24E1XUC62200
this is also the vin on the dash but not on the title
can you decode this one?
didn't the X's come with 8.8 rears?

The new VIN says SOHC.
Yes, all Xs have 31 spline 8.8 rears.

Back