What does it cost you to register your X? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What does it cost you to register your X?

Tennessee, 24 bucks:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok here it cost 295$ !!!

in texas our 97 ex was $52-60 (i can't remember) and then $35-40 for safety and emmisions. i'm not positive on the safety/emmisions part cause i didnt pay attention to the cost i just needed to get it inspected since it was 3 months overdue.

Brace Yourself!
In Chile, the registration fee for a 2001 EB is $839!!!!, just for one year.

Come on!. Is just an X, not a Ferrari!

:shoot:

Originally posted by Crankcase
Is this Registration done at a different time than renewing insurance? We do all transactions at once in B.C. I think the actual "licence fee" is like 18-21 CDN every year when you renew your insurance....

Yes, it depends on the state. For me I register every 2 years, but that has nothing to do with insurance. My insurance policy renews every 6 months and that costs me $411 every 6 months for 2 Explorers, liability only.

When I lived in Ohio it was a flat rate of about $58. When I moved to Arizona in '98 it cost me about $400 the first year and goes down every year. Here in AZ tags are based on the retail selling price of the vehicle minus a certain percentage each year until it bottoms out around $40. This year I expect to pay about $200 (maybe a little less). I don't mind the high tag fees though since we don't have the city tax of 2 1/4% of your AGI that we had in Toledo. At the time that was running me about $800 a year. I'll gladly pay $400 to renew the tags on my explorer as long as I don't have to pay $800 (or more) for city tax.

Originally posted by -=DaemoN=-
$9 for my '92:D

OHHH Mannnnn!! What a bunch of c**p! A road is a road! I hate it when the state, actually here its local govt, gets their grimey hands in my pocket. I swear everytime I turn around someone has their hand in my wallet and it PISSES me off!

$15 per year here in Oregon.

In Michigan, The price of the registration of your vehicle is based on the year and value of it. But if you car was made before 1990 (I belive) it is based on the weight of the vehicle.

You have to renue your plate tabs every year on your birthday. I guess its the DMV's way of saying happy birthday :D

I payed $35 to get a 1965 plate reissued for my 'Vair, and that lasts for 7 years without being renued...Not a bad deal, I wish I could do it for the X...

To register my '97 Mountaineer in the City of Jackson, Hinds County, Mississippi, I paid $297, but $50 of that was for the Mississippi State University version of the car tag, and $35 of that is donated to the university. Back in '98 it cost over $600 to register, and that's the normal Hinds County license plate.

For my '97 Mountaineer:
Personel property tax $250
Registration fee $30
Safety Inspection $14
Total $294.
So don't feel bad Candian brothers.
Cost almost identiacal for the wifes '97 Taurus

HIGH PRICES!!

Here in california I paid 300$ for my 2001, last year, its supposto go up X4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1200$ because there arent enough cops in LA or some S*^t like that. Looks like I will have to keep an eye in my rear view mirror.:eek: :eek: :mad:

Yep, $20 bucks here in Hawaii.

But don't even ask about inspections.

But forgot to add that the 20 bucks is for the military only, not sure about the locals, and ideas Kev?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back