91 in North Carolina | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

91 in North Carolina

Hey everybody. My names Zak Agresto, im from Salisbury, NC. I own a graphite 1991 Explorer XLT. Ive only had the truck about 4 months, but love it. Looking to meet others around the area to get together with, and throw some mud.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh yeah, we got some other smallsbury natives in here too, haha. Yeah, im here in salisbury too. Hopefully the transam will get sold and ill have the explorer ready to roll.. but the X might not be ready till after baseball season (east rowan) and legion, but hopefully itll be sooner than that

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

what's up all my n.c. people....

Hey ya'll,
I'm from N.C. too, originally from the high point/greensboro area, but am currently in college in Boone, where it snows all the time. It's good to see more peeps from nc on here now. Right now I have a blue 99' explo sport with interco truxxus mud terrains on stock rims, other mods include brushguard with maxtel off-road lights and a con-ferr roof rack with SRB lights mounted to it. Maybe some of u guys have seen me cruisin around between gboro and boone...peace ya'll maybe we could get 2gether and throw some mud!!

i'm all for that!! does everyone know where the Hooters is in Greensboro? we could all meet there for lunch on a sat. or something.

the hooters is right off I-40!

oh yeah, I know where that Hooters is..........:D

Welcome!

Taylor85 and BluXplo, I just wanna say welcome to the best explorer site around. Stick around and have some fun!:)
Ive moved to the Clemmons area, but still have alot of business in Smallsbury so im regularly down that way.

David, is the Hooters on Wendover? Im not to good with Greensboro....

The Hooters is right off I-40, right beside the Howard Johnson on High Point Rd.. If you were coming from Wendover, you would exit to the right, then turn left at the stop light and its down on the left.

Caleb (Limited Ex) knows greensboro very well. all i know is it is near the greensboro mall and right off I-40.

wasn't trying to jump in on you or anything David, I just happened to still be awake, so I figured I would answer for you :p

yeah i got up this morning and answered his question w/o relizing that the thread was on page 1 when you replyed on page 2. it's all good. see ya this sat. for your SOA!

Anyone live near GREENVILLE NC good ole PITT COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo it's big blue again

i just wanted to let u guys who were planning on meeting up in greensboro this weekend, that i couldn't make it out there cause i am going on spring break to the beach...so saturday is out of the question for me...i still think it would be cool if we could all meet up sometime though...be good ya'll my girl is laughing at me cause she thinks we're goofy...but she says hey to all ya'll out there..
peace out guys,
MIKE

WE ARE NOT MEETING THIS SAT. (3/8/03)!!!!!

it was a sugestion.

aight cool....

good thing we are not meeting saturday....although i do think it would be cool if we all did get up and meet sometime...it would be nice to meet some other people with big explorers around my part of town..it seems like no one really messes with explorers in my area, much less the second generation ones...i think up here at APP there is like one other guy with his explorer rigged for off-road use...it's cool though cause then i kinda stand out. so anyways i am gonna be at home all this summer so maybe all us nc explorer people could hang out sometime and go sling some mud...anyways take it easy guys...maybe someday i can post some pictures on here if i ever figure it out...
LATER ON,
MiKe

it seems like no one really messes with explorers in my area
Thats the same way for me in Greensboro. I think I have seen one Ex around town that had a body lift, but that was it. I am at school in Charlotte during the week, and the same rule applies here too. I have seen one guy on campus that has an Explorer with a body lift, and again that was all that was done to it. And the first Ex that I had actually seen that had some work done to it was MadMikes. I saw his when I drove 4 hours to Havelock North Carolina to pick up a winch I bought from him, and his is huge!

mike at App. do you know/seen the guy that has a yellow def. 90 that is rig for off-road.? he lives in my town.

yeah ......

yeah,
i have seen that guy around alot actually with the def. 90...man all i can say is that that defender is awesome!!! i have never actually met the guy in person but i have seen him out and about a whole lot. that's probably the coolest part of goin to college up here in the mtns. because people have all kinds of big off-road rigs around these parts and there are a lot of trails and places to go get messy in...i just wish i could afford that darn superlift 4" kit...oh well maybe when the explorer is paid for and i am finished with college...right now i'll just stick with my 32's..and be happy...
take it easy,
MiKe

question to digger....

hey digger,
i was wondering about your shocks the rancho ones, how do those do as far as changing the overall driving experience on and off-road...and also how would you rate those bfg mud-terrains you have? i was just wondering because i have the interco truxus m/t's and those things are brutal on the interstate once you hit speeds of around 55 and above...it's like riding in one huge vibrating chair, which isn't bad just kind of annoying at times.

later on, MIKE

the ranchos are awesome. i love them. they firm up the ride. as for the tires i went 96 today on the interstate and at like 85 the car started to vibrate so there very good! if they are balanced and aligned your good to go. the Defender guy went to my school and a friend of mine. his name is james. talk to him some time. real nice guy.

digger,
cool deal man i am definately thinkin about gettin some of those shocks sometime soon when i make some money. i might eventually check into some of those tires too especially if they don't vibrate the car as bad as my interco's do. next time i see your friend james i'll holla at him. take it easy man ....MIKE

I was at App. State today! I think i'll go there!!!! I live it up there! i saw alot of huge jeeps and one with gigantic tires with orange beadlocks. you seen that one?

Back