V8 Owners - What is your Avg. MPG? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

V8 Owners - What is your Avg. MPG?

average 15-17 around town with 31's. speedo was recalibrated for the tires. I run regular gas I have seen as high as 22 on Highway doing about 65.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Apten Chip back in.
Lowered 1" in front, full alignment with camber adjusters installed.

Average MPH Via GPS = 72.7.
Cruize Control = 74.4MPH for 90% of the drive.
167.3 Miles driving east on flat lands (via GPS, elevation only increased 156 feet).

Total MPG = 17.1.

It's my best.

Ry.

Need to update my non-towing MPG.

Total miles (gps) - 298
Total gallons (same pump I use every week) - 15.7
Average speed (gps) - 66.7 (I had the cruise pegged at 76 for 80% of the whole trip).
Total non-towing mpg = 18.9(8!)

What did I change? I upgraded to Mobil 1 0W-20 oil (from the 0W-30 that I previously used).
I took off my roof rack rails.
And I took off that stupid "bugflector".

All combined, a +1.7mpg!

Ry.

most miles i have ever gotten out of my 97 V-8 AWD with 123k on one tank was 356 miles to a tank.... and i do mean a full tank.... it took 20.8 gallons when i filled it back up.... i missed the exit and had to drive an extra 26 miles to the next one.... about 17mpg...my guess the average speed was about 75 since i had the cruise set the entire time.... i had 3 people and the truck packed with gear too... the best mileage i have ever gotten was on highway and was 21.8 mpg.... dont ask me how i double checked the math 10 times.... i am stock except for a K@N filter mobil 1 5-30 synthetic in the motor and a good tune up with bosch plats and belden wires.... worst mileage i have ever gotten was 9mpg in the winter time going through about 10 inches of snow at about 60mph with the overdrive off to keep the tranny from shifting back and forth every 10 sec

'98 XLT, 87K miles.
I get 14-15 in town, 18-20 freeway, about 12 towing 4500 lb. open car hauler. Pretty much exactly what the EPA estimates are (14 city/18 highway).

I just recently installed a Gibson exhaust because my original one rotted out, and I also installed a KKM intake. I haven't had them long enough to determine if the mileage changed or not, but I'll find out soon.

BB

Back