• Register Today It's free!

Power Upgrades?

harley9668

Reaction score
City, State
Syracuse, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I have a 1997 XLT with the standard 4.0 engine. I've added a K&N filter on it last year which helped horse power. Is there anything else that can be suggested; less putting in a new engine; to help horsepower? Especially "bolt-on" items.

Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you have the same engine as mine, look at my profile at the bottom of this thread and

you have the same engine as mine, look at my profile at the bottom of this thread and you can see what i have done. amongst other things, there are Comp Cams, Jacobs ignition upgrade kits, electric fans ( removing the factory one which produces a lot of drag for these tiny engines ), and since you have a '97, you can supercharge it, throw in some bottle fed lovin' ( nitrous ).

who makes electric fans for the ex?

does anyone have cams on their SOHC?

Electric Fan

I found this linkElectric Fan Install the other day it is great it inspired me to do the install. The Painless wire kit from JEGS is back ordered. But everything else is available. Might want to check at Dead Link Removed for availability.

Back