Just bought mine...

GunnFixr

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hillsdale, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport, XLS
Howdy folks, I just returned from Iraq, and had some money buring a hole in my pocket, and a lease that was about to expire, so I turned in the Mustang, and bought a new Explorer.

It is out of the box stock, no add ons.

expl1.jpg

expl2.jpg

expl3.jpg

expl4.jpg

I don't plan to take it over the river and through the woods, but I would like to take it camping, and perhaps some tame off roading. It is 4x2, so no wild stuff.

Any suggestions for my new toy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice! i love that color!

it's up to you really?

you lookin for more hp?
a system?
exterior looks?

Exterior appearance for the most part.

I'm already planning a 2-3" lift and some 33" tires. I've got a set of side steps that I need to put on. I've got a CB that I bought for my ranger, but never installed, I need to get a decent antenae.

clear corners with the billet grill look sweet!

i have an 01 sport and will be doing that soon

Welcome to the site, welcome home and congrats on the new Explorer!

Thanks as well for becoming an Elite Explorer!

Have fun with the new X and happy postin'!:)

~Tim

If your looking for an off-road look, a grill guard with fog lights and roof rack are nice additions as well as functional for what your planning. IMO, intake and catback exhaust upgrades will completely wake up your new ride. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

Also, lots of people have gotten great results with the Apten chip. Try searching 'Apten" I'm sure you'll find it :D

I too just bought mine. However, I started reading the owner's manual and learned that there is a data recorder installed that can record vehicle operation to include seat belt use by the driver and passengers. It also records speed driven, etc. The kicker is that this information can be made available not only to Ford Motor Company, technicians and anyone else that may assert a right to have the knowledge, but also it can be given to LAW ENFORCEMENT AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES! I love my vehicle, but find this invasion of privacy to be a bit much. Enjoy your Explorer, but remember that Big Brother may be a passenger.

Back