SVO

Meow
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Smithville/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
08' Suzuki SX4
Who sells a 180 deg. T-stat for the 1991 4.0 motors????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used a Stant 195, which I think is what you really want. Make sure you get the O-Ring gasket too, some have it...mine did, just make sure.
Oh, got it at NAPA, I think Pep Boyz also has the Stant brand.

I just got one at Advanced auto parts Saturday. Truck runs much cooler, the 195 is good for winter, but that's about it.

:chug: :chug:

The 195 degree is the factory temp. By installing a cooler temp T-Stat (in a stock motor) your are essentially forcing your truck to run rich.

Thanx for the help, off to go get one, as for the pooter thinking it's cold I have that problem "tricked"

The 195 degree is the factory temp. By installing a cooler temp T-Stat (in a stock motor) your are essentially forcing your truck to run rich.

I have a 180 T-stat and last time I pulled my spark plugs they were white, doesn't that mean that its running lean? Maybe I have other issues.:rolleyes:

Brian

white indicates a lean status. Almost every fuel injected Ford I've owned has had a slight whitish tint to the plugs, go figure:rolleyes:

:chug: :chug:

Back