My quest for the daunting truth behind "Reverse Indiglo Gauges" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My quest for the daunting truth behind "Reverse Indiglo Gauges"

hornz2000

Reaction score
City, State
Athens, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
Seriously...what's the deal?? I ordered a set of reverse indiglo gauges off Ebay awhile ago because I love the look...Has anyone else had as tough of a time as me to properly line them up...I mean how hard can it be to make the gauges easier to line up..I have disassembled my dash three times thus far trying to achieve perfection with my gauges and have yet to reach the top..Any secrets or tips or tricks, because if I can't get it right the next time I'm just going to sell my gauges and deal with the stock ones? I personally don't think it is possible to perfectly line up every aspect, i.e. lights, holes for the needles being centrifugal, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe you got cheap ones. I have put in countless gauge faces and always got them on the first try. Never did them on any X that wasnt a first gen though. Good luck and be patient with it.

36 views and 1 reply....i must be the only one with this problem huh.

no, i have the same problem. if you got the reverse gauges from ebay, they arent made perfectly and they wont line up. you either have to deal wtih it or take them off, but dont waste your time trying to allign them.... youll never get it.

I had the same prob. And Haited it. You where about to see all the seems and stuff.
Now I was going to add something even before a got the new gauges.

dash2.jpg

sorry about the large pictues. But if i shrink them it would not be as clear

dashdark1.JPG

I had the same problem with my guages.....I ended up cutting out the parts on the originals that lit up, like door ajar, check engine, etc....After that, I just got some markers, and colored some plain white paper, and taped em over the door ajar and check engine lights...That way I don't have to worry about em lining up.

I didn't have any problem with mine, but I went through the trouble of removing the cluster, painting over the old gauge faces, painting the gauge needle covers to match the silver gauge faces, making the needles red, and using double-sided tape to hold the new faces in place... (In short, I spend a lot of time making it perfect). There were not any alignment issues though.

Back