• Register Today It's free!

First post!

fireguy129

Reaction score
City, State
Wilkes-Barre PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Ranger XL
Hi everyone, just thought I would put up a little about myself. I found this site through a thread that was posted at glocktalk.com, and liked what I saw here. While I don't own an explorer, I do own a 98 ranger supercab XL, 4wd, with the 3.0 5 speed drivetrain. I don't do a lot of mods, but do like adding in lighting and sound systems. Im a firefighter in northeast Pennsylvania, so Ive added strobes, led's, sirens and radios in the past.
Looking forward to learning a lot here.
John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2.3 I-4 hell to 4.0 OHV heaven!

Hello to all! What a awesome site! I am the new owner of a '97 sport 5speed with appearance pkg. This rig is no spped demon(as i don't expect it to be), but it would blow the doors off my underpowered 2.3, manual ranger which i sold last week! Words can't express my pleasure in driving a vehicle that can get out of its own way. I still love rangers wholeheartedly, but am sooo much happier with the 4.0, although i could have got a ranger with it. The usable cargo room is great, b/c i am a soon to be college student...go Georgia Dawgs! A little maintenance..and then comes the air and exhaust mods!

Welcome to the site!:D

Welcome to the site. Our Ranger brothers are always welcome. Any ?'s you may have can prob be answered by someone here.

A word to the wise... This site will cause random urges to spend large amounts of $$$. It is addictive, and soon enough all things will come behind EF :D

im new here also

looks like a very good site, i picked up a 91 xlt auto with 150,000 on it looks good but a little rust you know where right under neath the rear doors so will be looking for those very soon tranny seemed fine motor smokes and idles rough but ithink i found the cure for that, tuneup time the oil looked like the viscosity of gas, and i pulled 3 plugs one was fouled out and 1 was on its way:eek:

welcome to the coolest place on the net

Welcome to the site!:D

Well well... isnt this interesting... LOTS of newcomers... As previously stated, welcome. I by no means am a veteran.,.. But in my time here, Ive learned:
- Always try the Search Feature... it IS your friend!
- If Searching produces nothing, someone here WILL have an answer for you (it may not be what you wanted to hear, but thats another issue entirely)...
- You WILL want to spend more $$$ on your ride after a while... Its an addiction... there is a 12 step program... but why would you want to fight it?

Liek we already said, welcome to all... Keep the posts friendly, as we have many underagers and kids on the board... we are like a big freakin family here... Haha...
--Bryan

Welcome to the best Explorer site on the net!! (I know because I've looked;) )

Back