Back from Moab!

ahhjaws

Moab Edition Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT
Well, we all have to come back sometime. (sniff)

We didn't have the greatest time, but still had fun none-the-less.

The first day we went to Elephant Hill and was half way along the trail when POP, my friends Bronco blew the rear axle seal. There was oil leaking everywhere, so we decide to screw it a book back to the Visitor Center for a tow, since none of us had the materials to fix it and there was no way a tow truck could get there. So that ruined the plans for the rest of the week, since I didn't want to do the harder trails by myself. So I went ahead and did some easier ones with everyone in my truck. It was going good until Thursday. We went down again to Salt Creek near Elephant Hill right after it rained. Well the trail is usually really easy except when it's wet. It's all going good until PLOP, we get sucked down into some quicksand in the trail. After digging and jacking for 2 hours, I finally got my muffler above the sand/water so I could at least turn off my car. So we hiked back the 3 miles to the ranger station (in wet shoes) and no one was there, So we go to the camp site, and find another Explorer (unfortunately it was the biggest thing there) So they try and help us, but my X didn't even budge. So we called for a tow truck, but he couldn't come until the next day, so we had to hike back to our campsite which was 8 miles away with no flash light in pitch black. The tow truck picked us up and had us pulled out in about 10 mins. Oh, well. So we took it easy the next day. Then we got the Bronco back the day we left, which was a disappointment. Oh, well. A big Thanks goes out to everyone at Moab Offroad.

My Friend's Bronco
Moab03_0114-A.jpg

Moab03_0110-A.jpg

Moab03_0089-A.jpg

I actually got Ashley to pose for us. hehehe
Moab03_0109-A.jpg

Mine...
Moab03_0093-A.jpg

Moab03_0086-A.jpg

Moab03_0068-A.jpg

We have to do the donuts :)
Moab03_0075-A.jpg

A view in Canyonlands NP
Moab03_0072-A.jpg

Right after it rained the was good mud.
Moab03_0060-A.jpg

Then me getting stuck. More pics here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81627
Moab03_0048-A.jpg

Moab03_0041-A.jpg

Afterwards
Moab03_0030-A.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like another successful Moab trip to me! :D

what trail did you get stuck on?

Originally posted by go off road
what trail did you get stuck on?

It was Salt Creek in the Needles District of Canyonlands. The ranger that followed us with the tow truck said it hadn't rained there for about 3 months, and I went on it the same day it rained with wasn't too smart.

Thank God for AAA which paid for some of the $560.:D

So jaws I guess I'm missing something or rather you are. I thought you were putting a solid axle under that thing? I guess I missed something somewhere. Well at least you got some nice pics of your trip.

Originally posted by Johnstone
Damn! Nice stuck!

:eek: Yeah that makes mine look cheesy by comparison!

Originally posted by hvac man
So jaws I guess I'm missing something or rather you are. I thought you were putting a solid axle under that thing? I guess I missed something somewhere. Well at least you got some nice pics of your trip.

Almost. I had so many delays it got to be around a week before I had to leave for Moab and I didn't want to test everything there, so hopefully I will start next week.:D

Thats cool I think we can all relate to that :)

well are we thinking winch as one of the next purchases.

Tim

Well, I got all of my pics up on the web. If you want to hear our story and see many more pics, go here: www.4x4ord.com

Back