HID Conversion Kit Installed on 98 Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID Conversion Kit Installed on 98 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I paid $409 for my kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All, I am saying is when you flip, turn, or switch to the high or low beam mine do not turn off or even flicker. It is hard on and will wear out the tungston flicking off and on. It kinda sucks not beeing able to flash people anymore. I do wish I had the high beams back. That is why I am looking into a aux set of HID's like in euro high beam, or pencil beam.

Black Magic
All, I am saying is when you flip, turn, or switch to the high or low beam mine do not turn off or even flicker. It is hard on and will wear out the tungston flicking off and on. It kinda sucks not beeing able to flash people anymore. I do wish I had the high beams back. That is why I am looking into a aux set of HID's like in euro high beam, or pencil beam.

I get you. Thanks for the concern, it's greatly appreciated

johnmcgarrah
Hey, I just wanted to say that those look great! I was wondering if you had to do any mods to the light housing where the bulb is held in place and if you could post a pic of how your hella HID's look next to the new headlights.

No mods had to be done to the light housing, they fit like the halogen 9007 bulb and uses the same retaining ring to hold the bulb in place. Here is a pic of both the headlights and hella hids.

Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by Black Magic

You're absolutely right. Flipping them on and off will reduce the life considerably. I was hoping that by having a trigger wire on both the high and low beams that he would get a constant trigger with no of time.

You'll have to test it on a volt meter to be sure. Can't think of any other way to get a constant on unless he hooks a trigger to the parking lights.

On the plug that goes on to the factory harness. You just need to use a wire between the High and Low contact. That should take care of it for you.

Problems w/ patterns?

Do you have any problems with the beam pattern?? I have a '98 and want to do the same thing, but am affaid of glare and other negitives....
Thanks

There is a little glare but not bad enough that it will cause other drivers to flash you. The beam pattern is the same as the 9007 bulbs but way brighter.

Looks good ! Where are you from in Ny aq?

Back