JamminG4Jim

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Near St. Paul, MN.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Hello all

I tried a search under this topic but didn't find out what I need to know, which is:

A local shop wants around $75 to check my parking brake system. I guess they want so much cuz it's a dually.

I've visually inspected the parking brake pedal,cables and the other externally mounted parking brake parts and all looks good.

I am SO tempted to just click the parking brake on JUST a little bit at a time to see if it's going to work. If it sticks I'll be screwed and have to pull the dually wheels and drums off to release the cable. Beating off the drums sounds like fun. :(

Think I should try it or let the shop do it's thing?

Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crawl under the truck and grab the e-brake cable ahead of where it splits and pull down on it. While pulling on the cable watch the ends of the individual cables (the ones that go to the drums) and see if they move. They should move when you pull on the cable. If they don't one or both of the cables are rusted.

Maybe I missed something here...but you have a dually Explorer? I mean dually like a dually pickup.

If you do, could you take a pic and post it?

Dave

Originally posted by BigDave
Maybe I missed something here...but you have a dually Explorer? I mean dually like a dually pickup.

If you do, could you take a pic and post it?

Dave

i get teh feeling he isnt talking about his explorer... possibly another car of his.

Originally posted by coolchriscush
i get teh feeling he isnt talking about his explorer... possibly another car of his.

Sorry,guys! The vehicle I just bought to tow my X is a F-350 Dually. NOT that it wouldn't be WAY cool to have a Dually Explorer!!!

Here's a link to my Dually page.
http://home.attbi.com/~jimbo111/dually.htm

I'll try pulling the cables tonite after work!

Jim

UPDATE!

Went over to my local tire shop a few days ago and they checked out the parking brake system for $37.50!

All is well, and I'm using it every day PLUS lubing the cables at every oil change.

Thanks again for all your replies!

Jim

Back