Which of these tail light designs do you like? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which of these tail light designs do you like?

Out of the pics you have, I say 4...

What i think would look best is have the black outline, red brake, and clear turns/reverse. That looks a bit more "balanced" or something to me...(i may be a bit biased though, as this is what i have done)

Realistically though, any of the ones you choose would look good. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Of your choices I say #4, but it depends on how you smoke them.
I would say make the color close to what you had it before and leave the reverse light dark.

I like #4 the best.

I like the idea of the black outline, with the reverse light at the bottom, if the reverse light took up the whole section its usually in, thats even better. I wouldnt go with round lights though, they are kind of old looking (#4), best of luck to whatever your choice :D.

I like em totally clear :)

I can't really say, reds so.. stock... but I guess if I had to make a choice the last one with the clear at the top would be interesting, gives it kind of a euro look

I'm partial to 1 and 3

All red with the reverse lights in the roll pan:D

Why not leave them clear, Get red and amber bulbs and smoke them clear. That way they will look VERY HOT! & Still function. That is very different and would be awesome!

I VOTE SMOKE THE CLEARS AND USE COLORED BULBS

where can you get clear ones, i had a pair that somone gave me, then i sold them, now i want some again

Leave them clear and smoke them, yeah OK, 200% more illegal.

Not really, beleave me that would look great! Plus if you use colored bulbs it would look good. Smoking them is illegal enough that you shouldn't be worried about coloring them red or not. I truly think that a light smoking on the clears with colored bulbs would be the best looking option!

where can you get clear ones, i had a pair that somone gave me, then i sold them, now i want some again

well... you cant.. unless you find someone that has some and are selling them they dont make em anymore.. all the more reason I think you should leave them clear.. :)

I like the smoked idea

what you may want to do, if you're worried about the light in that situation.. maybe modify the housing for a large LED cluster so you have the smoked lenses but when you press the brake its bright red, more work but very clean,I always wanted to do that but didn't have the guts to mod my clears

I'd say 5 or maybe 6.. I think if you're smooting out the look of the truck, might as well smooth out the tails too :)

#4 is my choice. The black outline makes it look more balanced I think.

Later
CP :D

I decided to go with design #4 and I've already started. I should be done with almost everything except for the tint tomorrow. I've got to order more spray tint.

Where do you order the spray tint and which brand do you use? How much do use to cover both stock lenses?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back