I CUT THE ROOF OFF, ROLL CAGE AND RINO LINER IN NEXT!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I CUT THE ROOF OFF, ROLL CAGE AND RINO LINER IN NEXT!!!!!

Well today off cometh the roof so I can modify my vehicle. It probably won't look much like an X when I'm done but the front clip will go unchanged!

Parts cut off so far:

9352other.jpg

9352roof1.jpg

9352top.jpg

I'll have more pics tomorrow!

I offered the roof rack to SVO, but if he doesn't want it, it is up for grabs (free for whoever will come pick it up, you can look at my pics to see how it looks with the tire on, it will hold 35 inch tire and line up with existing roof rack holes.

Ex:
9352gilmer3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you decide you dont want to keep the interior pannels for the dors.......ill take all of them.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well my wife thinks I am nuts and so do my co-workers but since I am nuts it doesn't bother me.

Hey willie I live on turner warnell and matlock so whenever you want to pick it up is fine. Oh and I work this Saturday if you want to come by the shop and get it.

For now I will keep the stock seats, but in the near future I will replace them with those offroad application bucket seats with 12 point harness.

How are you doing the back hatch? Well I know there is no more hatch but how are you planning on closing it in or whatever?

ok tomorrow is here.. where are the pics!!?!!?

i'll be up there saturday, who do i ask for? i dont think i ever got your name.

uuhh...svo... i change my mind. lol. guess i know who to call when i get stuck in my car next time.
mike, cannot wait to see that conver. guess i beeeter get me a helmet if i get a chacne to ride with u next time. lol.

sweet....

So where are the pics? :D

Here they are, oh and man it is harder to bend that thick pipe than I thought!

Beginning to end:

9352w10.jpg

9352w9.jpg

9352w7.jpg

9352w8.jpg

9352w6.jpg

9352w5.jpg

9352w4.jpg

9352w2.jpg

9352w3.jpg

9352w1.jpg

THere they are as promised, hopefully I will have the entire roll cage installed by the end of next week, then the rino liner.:D

By the way for the rear tail gate I am welding it shut for now but in the future I will install tailgate hinges to make it like a trucks tailgate.

Oh the sickness has begun, you have tempted, warped, and provoked the gears wheeling in my head to do something crazy!!

That's AWSOME!!!!!
:D

Topless Hoe?

hmmm...looks like a ranger:eek:

yea thats what I was thinking.... thats a ranger lol

one question tho... whats holding the hatch on?

By any chance is the left rear window still intact, and if so are you inrested in parting with it?

That is Crazy. I would have a hard time cutting the roof off a prefectlly good Explorer I would had to roll it at least once to go that route.

Crazy I am. LOL!

I will put the back seat back in after roll cage is assembled, I stood it in tonight to see how it would look once is together, It looks pretty kewl, kinda resembles a hummer the way I set it up, when I am finished you'll see what I'm talking about.:D

mike..u are nuts. when u are done, the dfw crew woiuld love to come on by and have another meet just to see your convertable.
guess we need to make another run to gilmer in october to see the convertable run.

What's your plan for rear doors? Cut them down to the same level and put them back on?

At this point the doors will be staying off. It's a lot of work just for me to get the structural stuff done, and rino line it, but later on I will be attempting to fabricate some doors out of 3/4 steel tubing and make canvas covers for them that are removable (the only reason for
the covers is if I do some winter runs where I need some heat in there). Otherwise no stock doors will be
run on it.:D

mike, when u are ready to rhino, let us know. we are more then happy to come help.

Are you planning on tying the roll cage into the frame at all, or are you just welding it to the floors?

Back