What do you guys think of these rims? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you guys think of these rims?

Ooooooh, I'm liking that even more. It's got that depth thing going on. That lip really makes it more appealing in my eyes. Who manufactures that one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that looks a LOT better to me too hartman. i think its the depth thing as well. i'm just not a fan of the ones that the spokes or whatever are basically level with the lip.

I guess you knew this was coming.:rolleyes: Probably getting sick and tired of seeing my frickin truck, but I just had to do it!:p

Attachments

• hartman.jpg
    hartman.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 327

Damn! THAT looks good. You don't see too many of those deep dish style rims around here. Must cost a fortune though...

Those MKW 10's are nice, my buddy has them, they are not very shiny chrome, you cant really see yourself in the reflection. I like them because of the lip and that they are not too blingtastic.

Yeah I really like the MKWs. I have the money to buy them but the tires I want to run are really expensive.

I don't want to run a 275/45/20. That's too big for my future plans. I want to run a 245/40/20 but they're like $230 a tire.

I got mine from my girlfriends dad... he sells wheels and tires i got them for his cost at 1500 with tires :)

Well guys it's official, I have 20x8.5 MKW MK10s on the way. I'm pretty pumped, even though this is sort of a bad time to buy rims since I won't be able to mount em until spring. Oh well, it gives me a chance to re-coop from buying the expensive ass tires I want (275/40/20, OE on Porshes).

Anyway, it's gonna be nice to have RIMS again. :cool:

Originally posted by Hartman
I'm pretty pumped, even though this is sort of a bad time to buy rims since I won't be able to mount em until spring.
hell, its just August. you mean you guys are gonna start getting snow soon??? you gotta atleast mount them for a day to get some pics........

Oh yeah I'll mount em for pics. Don't worry. :cool:

I like chrome rims but the reason I'm getting them is not to be "flashy." Of course I want them to be noticed but I do NOT want to be compared to a person that is trying to be "bling bling."
There is always going to be haters. And too many people don't understand what "bling" is. Bling to me is like rice. There's cool and good looking, and then there's stupid and gawdy. I liked the first rims, but the second one will look very good also.
hell, its just August. you mean you guys are gonna start getting snow soon??? you gotta atleast mount them for a day get some pics........
Mount them without tires? :)

Yeah! Jackstands!

Haha. Yeah, I would do it too......

About 10 minutes after I got them. :p

Congrats man, anxious to see em! I think it will look great. Keep us posted.:D

You want me to keep you posted, I'll keep you posted...

5 minutes after I drop the money in the mailbox, I get a call from the distributor, "Yeah MKW never got around to making the MK10 in a 5x4.5 bolt pattern."

Yeah, I'm pissed, VERY pissed.

*******S!!:frustrate That sucks. I guess it's back to the drawing board?

Yep, these were the absolute IDEAL rims for my truck too. Just my f'n luck. I even tried to get blanks from MKW, no go.

What pisses me off, they "didn't get around" to making them in a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Really chaps my ass.

I'd be very salty. :mad: Sorry to hear about the bad luck.

Damn, sorry to hear that. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dam that sucks. back to the drawing board. :(

Back