DOH!! The Bonneville got rear-ended... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DOH!! The Bonneville got rear-ended...

99exEB1

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Eddie Bauer
Well the thread explians it all... I'm not going to have too much time to post all of the details, as I am leaving soon for a college visit, but I was wondering if anyone could pass along any accident advice that I may find helpfull!! Thanks! You guys are the best... and yes I am nice and safe

Ok will post a few quick details while the pic uploads... 97 bonneville, it was really nice. Possible tranny damage(is this possible??) because the car is having some trouble: like I can get up to 3500 rpm's but the car doesn't accelerate like it used to.... in fact it barely moves at all untill I get to about 10mph. Plus the check engine light is now lit up....

Here is a pic:

fb52eaf9.jpg

A quick response is appreciated!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you have insurance?

Did you get a police report?? I'm assuming you've been rear ended by another car. If you have the police report, report it to their insurance company.

Oh man that sucks, if that were me I know my neck would hurt, hint hint. Good luck.

My friend has recently gotten rear-ended in his S-10, and now his transmission leaks, so he can't drive it. If that answers your question. Are you having troubles with it ?

I noticed it's an SSE, my Mother has one. Where did the dual exhaust tips go? Did the exhaust get pushed in and is it crimped somewhere causing the engine trouble?

Originally posted by explr1
I noticed it's an SSE, my Mother has one. Where did the dual exhaust tips go? Did the exhaust get pushed in and is it crimped somewhere causing the engine trouble?

Oh yeah, one tip fell off about 4 months ago and the other fell off at the time of the accident. I get a whole new $475 exhaust system. According to the shop.. its all fixed and in the pait shop now. I'm going to judge their work like no other... if something looks questionable I'm asking that they re-do the whole thing.

About the tranny, apparently the soloniods(sp?) between all of the gears went, and when they scanned the codes there were 3 other codes that needed attention too.

here is what the exhaust looks like now after the accident... it moved about 5 inches
fb4f53d2.jpg

Thanks! :D

Back