893 silverstar fogs coming in october | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

893 silverstar fogs coming in october

just making sure that all you with silverstar headlights that matching silverstar fogs 893 bulbs are coming in october to an automotive store near you...if your like me i found this news very exciting.
just informing anyone who may not have known

heres the link

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by SiLenZe
nice. hope they wont be as expensive though.

I'm in the group that thinks the Silverstars are an over-priced, ineffective ripoff. The Sylvania Xtravision are a much better bulb.

Having gotten that off of my chest, I've noticed that AutoZone has Silverstars at $20 each and Wal-Mart has them at about $38 per pair.

anyone know of a direct replacement for 9145 fog light bulbs?
i need a whiter/brighter bulb
i think i tryed 9006 and the bulb shroud was too big to fit. and they needed a lot of cutting on the base.

Originally posted by SiLenZe
anyone know of a direct replacement for 9145 fog light bulbs?
i need a whiter/brighter bulb
i think i tryed 9006 and the bulb shroud was too big to fit. and they needed a lot of cutting on the base.

Your 2001 probably takes an 899 bulb, not 9145.

Originally posted by edlmann
Your 2001 probably takes an 899 bulb, not 9145.

No, they changed, I'm not sure what it is, but its not the 899. Good news to hear! That means that it will swap into the foglight?

Originally posted by IAmTodd
No, they changed, I'm not sure what it is, but its not the 899. Good news to hear! That means that it will swap into the foglight?

My 2001 XLT has factory fog lamps and the manual (certainly not always right) says the replacement bulb is an 899. The bulb itself is actually an H-1 screwed into an adapter. The 8XX series bulbs have a much smaller diameter base than the 9XXX bulbs and there's no way a 9145 or 9006, or 9005 will fit into my lamps.

There is a lot of rumor in this forum about what bulb will fit where. I can only speak for myself, but there's no way a 9XXX series bulb goes into the lamps on my 2001 XLT.

IF (and I repeat IF) your fog lamps really take a 9145 bulb, a 9005 can be made to fit. IIRC, if your lamps take any of the 8XX series bulbs, any of the 8XX bulbs should fit.

Do we really have to wait until October? Isn't anyone secretly selling them now?! Where are all the reviews?

only 1 more month

bumping this back to the top since its almost october

I smell a group buy coming along... lets get MattAdams to set something up... Id be in for a set of Silverstar fogs!! Anyone else?

back to the top...

october is almost here i wonder when autozone will have them in stock.

:)

I ordered my SilverStar fogs direct from Sylvania. $22.00 a piece and free 2 day FedEx shipping. I have a '00 Sport, and according to the Sylvania bulb guide, I needed part #H1-ST. Even Sylvania knows that 99 and up models use an H1 bulb. Not sure why Ford calls it a 899.

Originally posted by VOATMJ1
Not sure why Ford calls it a 899.

B/C THEY'RE DIFFERENT!! The round fogs use a different bulb than the rectangle one!!!

Well it is October. Anyone seen this in Autozone yet?

Is 893 Silverstar a direct bolt on replacement to the headlights for the 2nd gen? Are these the same ones that are bright whites seen on Mercedes Benz and Lexuses?

No.
All of the 8xx are tiny bulbs used in a lot of the round factory foglights.
You wouldn't want them in your headlights even if they fit.

EliteConcept was just saying that if you have Silverstar headlight bulbs you can now have matching fogs.

Ah. So what would be the part number for the Silverstar bulb for the headlight? Is it much brighter than stock?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look at Dead Link Removed

Part number is the same as the stock bulbs.

Back