5.0L Headers- Who wants some? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

5.0L Headers- Who wants some?

I'm in on the JBA headers depending on price. Even if they make a direct copy of the FMS headers I would go for that as well - I need something better than my current chokers.

I would need the EGR bung.

What advantages does Jet-Hot give? Does it prevent rust? Reduce under-hood temps?

ALSO - IF YOU HAVE FMS HEADERS AND WANT TO SELL THEM - PM ME!!!

Note: This is probubly the 5th "5.0 headers wanted" thread that I've put my name down for. :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5.0 Headers: Official List

Since we need 25 people for JBA, I'll start the tally of interested parties:

1) ibuytoys
2) PUR PONY
3) dha1122
4) jjue
5) FLYIN 5.0
6) VairKing
7) tonga3
8) Warform
9) IBLEEDFORDBLUE
10) sk8volcom14
11) garyt
12) 5.0Dad
13) SVO LOU
14) TAS98xlt
15) Johnstone
16) V8BoatBuilder
17) ibuytoys
18) oreokid220
19) Zmuzic

Moderators - is there any way to get this thread stickied to the top of the forum?

Put me down for one more set for a total of 17 so far. The guy that I sold my '97 to wants a set. We're almost there!!!

well if JBA does not make them for you i will. i dont need 20 people to sign up. i will have a protype in month or so for stock style heads.

Blk Mk8,

I've been interested in your headers since you first mentioned the idea of making them in the spring. I'd like to see the design you're planning on making. Would it work for 4wd vehicles as well as 2wd?

If JBA makes headers, they will no doubt be similar to the FMS ones. I, and I think many members on this board might be interesting in "longer" tube replacements that would entail an entirly new exhaust system.

I want to do headers and the catback, with a truck that has over 100,000 miles on it a custom x pipe and cats would make sense as well.

i second that. im not lookin for something to fit in the stock location as i will be re-doing my entire exhaust system soon

If the price is in your budget, definately have them Jet Hot ceramic coated. Sent my stainless steel FMS headers to Jet Hot and am glad I did.

Compared to the OE headers with their shields, the FMS Jet Hot coated headers made my engine quieter and engine bay area cooler...enough to notice the difference. Plus they give a warranty on their work. Nice folks to deal with. Mike

i have adaptor plates that will make my brothers big headers fit a stock style head. i can most likly make copies of those but they would be expensive like 800 or depending on setup. the big tube shorties will be a lot cheaper and should be good for pretty much every thing. they should clear on a 4x4 no problem. i have just been super bussy but i will get it done.

I would also be in for a set.

If we could get them from JBA would they be 50 state legal? I live in California and would not want to pull headers every 2 years I already do that on my Camaro and its getting old.

So I really would like something legal but at the same time I want my 5.0 headers too.

So put me on the list.

Z~

Originally posted by blk mk8
i have adaptor plates that will make my brothers big headers fit a stock style head. i can most likly make copies of those but they would be expensive like 800 or depending on setup. the big tube shorties will be a lot cheaper and should be good for pretty much every thing. they should clear on a 4x4 no problem. i have just been super bussy but i will get it done.

For me, big tube shorties would be best, since i'm currently N/A and not planning on pushing the exhaust CFM a blown 347 like trolls does. I love my torque.

What kind of cost, and what kind of timeframe would we be looking at?

Yea, I would buy a set of ether ones that are made.
I would rather have the long tube type.
You could sell a lot of these headers to guys like me. I'm putting them on a Ranger that I have done a Explorer 5.0 conversion. Anyway put me down for a set.

my brothers headers now are not too big for a lesser hp explorer the tubes are kinda small but it was all we could fit in there. the main thing about his exhaust is that he has dual three inch exhaust but a heathly motor should be fine with that. my brother headers on a mild 302 with 2.5 exhaust would be just fine. but a motor with heads cam and intake with blower would be better like X-box. and once you goe with a stroker then no worries at all.

blk mk8 -

are the headers on troll equal length?

OK, here's who I have down for header so far:
ibuytoys (2 sets)
andy
erniebueno
dha1122
ibleedfordblue
warform
vairking
jjue
purpony
skyvolcom14
tas98xlt
garyt
svolou (maybe)
v8boatbuilder
zmuzic
racinger

So that's 17 so far. If I missed anybody please chime in or if you're on this list and aren't interested please let me know. C'mon guys, only 8 more to go and we can show JBA that there's a demand for these headers.

My e-mail to JBA last week...
"Hi,
Can you tell me if there are any plans for you to produce headers for 5.0L Explorers/Mountaineers? There is a large following for these vehicles and, with Ford Motorsport headers now discontinued, a large demand for performance exhaust components by performance enthusiasts. Thank you, Lou"

JBA's reply...
"Lou,
Sorry, we do not have any plans to offer a header application for the 5.0 Explorer/Mountaineer. Good luck and thank you for checking with us."

My e-mail to Gibson a few months ago was the same but here's their reply...
"Yes we do plan on making the headers but honestly no time soon. Probably not this year.
Thank you"

Gibson sounds more interested but I'd rather deal with JBA because I've seen their quality in the Mustang world.
Beggars can't be choosers, though. :p
Still interested ibuytoys...

Lou.

You left me off the list.

But, when I start modding my 5.0L I'm gonna probably buy whatever is available and better than the stock exhaust manifold.

maybe all of us who are really interested in getting them should individually e-mail JBA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by sk8volcom14
maybe all of us who are really interested in getting them should individually e-mail JBA.

That was my intent, to try and get a little bug going in JBA's ear.
For JBA customer questions

Lou.

Back