Cheap Innovative Fender Flare | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cheap Innovative Fender Flare

I've seen that done before but if you've ever tried sawzalling a tire it isnt as easy as you'd think. You could probably trim it so a bit of the sidewall was still on there and that would give you a good piece to screw into your fender. Though for 50 bucks you can get a roll of universal fender flares.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used wall molding from Home Depot, $10.

It still has to look decent for me.

i think thats a great idea, if they get busted off, big deal. plus there are lots of scrap tires to be bought, or "bought" around everywhere
:D

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
Here here.

To be honest, it looks like it would be the equivalent of a civic with wooden spoiler. Sorry. :eek:

well i saw some pics of a honda with a "body kit" it was duck tape and cardboard....actually made the cover of some import magazine...i wish i still had the pic i wouold include it in the post ...it looks :thumbdwn: :fart: :roll:

It is very very unique, but very vaery funny at the same time :D

If it works, it works! I wonder how it would look on a black car? ;)

Look guys I took the pic and his sister is my landlady. This dude is totally out there. I was just amazed at these when I saw them. He was grinning from ear to ear. :rolleyes: He has a D30 solid axle under it that is scary as hell. He doesn't use computers and so everything he does is out of his head.

He has them screwed into the fender and supposedly he cut them with first an electric cutting knife you use on a turkey. Didn't work so he went to a Jig-saw, worse yet so he went to a sawzall and cleaned them up with a knife.

To give you and idea of his state of mind his brother has a full size older bronco with 44's and when he wheels he disconnects his rear shocks. This dude did the same thing on his Explorer and it beat the heck outta him.

My .02 is that these are FUGLY.:cool:

they look good... ... ....................... for me to poop on!

sometimes a little bit of form has follow the function. it is unique though! if he likes it.. its all good.

i can't imagine it to be easy to do either.

I am not digging these at all. :)

Trckmagik said:
I am not digging these at all. :)
This thread is so old it has mold on it. :D :p

only in alaska.....

Or use bald tires. This is funny!

RangerX said:
Cheap yes, innovative yes, but kinda fugly!

I think it would look better if you flipped the strips over, having the inside of the tire showing!

I actually think it looks good

Someone put this thread to rest please!!!

Thank god I spent some time with the guy and he has now redone his whole Ex. He removed these nasty flares. He even said to me "What was I thinkin? Man that must have been some real bad BONG water I drank!" :rolleyes:

Anyways he added some full width axles and said ticket me cause I aint putting flares on again.

ROFL! People actually do this? lolol

nweibley said:
If it works, it works! I wonder how it would look on a black car? ;)

I was wondering the same thing.......

Back