Installed Rancho RSX's

addkev

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Eastern NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Explorer
I ordered my Rancho RSX's back at the beginning of September and they finally came in on Friday 10/10 (gotta love being in Hawaii). I put them on last night and I really like them. I almost bought the 9000's, but then decided against it, because I would just rather not have to worry about adjusting them.
I am really happy that I bought them and now I can participate in the "which shocks should I buy" threads.:D

Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also live in Hawaii. Which catalog did you order it from or did you go to "4 wheel parts" or "Maui off road"? Also, my Xplorer rocks on speedbumps quite severely, I'm sure the shock aren't worn out, but everyone told me that new shocks would help cure this problem. Could you please explain the improvement in ride.

Pat

I got them over at 4WP, it took about a month to get, but I am very happy with them. They firmed up the ride of the truck, and it doesn't hurt to hit bumps anymore. I have read in several places that stock shock absorbers only last around 30k miles but you can always rock your vehicle and see how many bounces it takes to stop rocking, it should only take 1 bounce.

And welcome to the site.

Are those the 5000 series? Im gonna be gettting them sometime. oh and i love your sig.

I got the RSX's because I didn't want to have to adjust them like the 9000's, there are alot of guys that swear by the 9000's, I just didn't want to have to mess with them. However, with the 9000's you can get the in-cab control box and adjust them as you drive, but I believe that is another $150 on top of the shocks at $75/each. Thanks, Redrig, I like the way your truck looks, I really like the 1st Gen's with 33's.:cool:

I've had RSX's on my truck for more than a year and the truck still steers like its on rails.

My dad drove my truck one day and ordered a set the same day for his 2000 EB even though his OEM's only had 20K miles.

Back