What should I do with this? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What should I do with this?

I rolled my truck a few months ago (pix here).

Now i'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Should I part it out or make it drivable again?

How much could I expect to get if I part it out?

102k 1999 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

to fix your looking at around 6k. you can buy a used one for around that probibly. I'd say part it out. You have a good engine, tranny, drivelines, axles, brakes, some body parts, interior and other little BS peices in your truck. The only problem would be to find a buyer. If you could find a buyer on everythign you should be able to get 3k probibly. The only thing is to find a buyer.

Does it have leather..? Also what color is the interior..?
I would have to say part it out :D There are plenty of people here on the board that need small tidbits and whatnot.

My wreck cost me around $8k to fix from a high quality bodyshop and it was just frontend, I think it is pointless to try and fix that.... you probably tweaked the frame too which would be a pain....

This was $8k
wreck1.jpg

Ended up replacing hood, both fenders, bumper, grill, bg, lights, etc and repaint... trans cooler... the list goes on and on...
But it was a body shop that really knew what they were doing... so....

Are you sure you posted the correct link? Or is my clicker acting like a dolt?

You could get a nice used 98-99 for $8k. I say sell the parts off and get yourself a used '99 with a V8 engine. That's what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Free to a good home... or a bad home, for that matter. Good for parts or an off-road rig (some assembly required, batteries not included).

It's been six years since I rolled it and it's been sitting out at my parents' camp, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be fixing it up as originally planned.

Broken windows + elements + shredded tarps = trashed interior. The last time I touched it, the engine ran well. It has 4 good alloy wheels and 4 BFG TA/KOs with good tread on them, but after sitting there for years, not sure they're still round. All the electronics worked last I knew.

It's located in 13687. If you get it, it's yours. It may or may not be accessible until spring. I don't live in the area anymore, so I won't be able to take pix or answer specific questions until I go home next (end of Feb, but camp may not be accessible then), so I figure it's better to post now, accumulate questions (if there's any interest), and then gather all the info when I can.

I don't have the title for it, but since it will never be road-worthy again and I'm not asking anything for it, that shouldn't be an issue.

So I guess, you should've part it out then, ya? :D

I don't have the time or the space to part it out, so I'm offering it for free to anyone why wants to go get it.

Back