• Register Today It's free!

Spark plug wires location HELP!!

Mustangc1923

Reaction score
City, State
plano,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer sport
hey guys i got my spark plugs and wires changed problem is that the idiot that changed the wires didnt puit the new wires back to the same plug where it is supposed to if someone could please tell me which wire goes with which plug on a 94 sport i would greatly appriceate it .... i have a chiltons manual just cant find it !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i had the same problem when i changed my wires and plugs.

this is for a OHV engine. can't remember if 94's are OHV or not.

attachment.php

another for the OHV
attachment.php

That diagram should work.

next time Do it yourself, one wire at a time...
"slow and steady will always finish a race"

i dont like the liability of doing it myself.... and now with good reason the car starts but there is a very rough idle ... all wires and plugs are matched correct thanks for the diagram ....in addition to the rough idle there is loud popping noises like backfiring sounds .... and then when i put it in drive the car shuts off any suggestions what this could be??

wireing is wrong. recheak and make sure the wires aren't backwords.

i did it myself i put every wire with each corresponding plug according to your diagram and the one in my chiltons manual(i found it) but if it starts which occasionally it isnt well now it wont start at all... but if it does very rough idles and the backfiring sound ... i am very pissed at the company that had it .... dont mean to sound like im proving you wrong im just upset and thanks for your help

i know how it feels man. i did mine wrong and i couldn't find witch wire was incorrect. i finally just played with it and started to switch wires around. i was lucky and got it on th third try with the correct set up. what i did wrong was read the diagram backwords and had to flip the sides.

Originally posted by Digger196
another for the OHV
attachment.php
If it is set up like this you won't have any problem check it again

Back