Goodyear AT/S | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Goodyear AT/S

Dead Link Removed

Sca,
Are you suuuuuuuuuuuure you want those tires? You might want to research this board and get some feedback from Tire Rack .

I have a set of AT/S’s 235/75/15 on my X now. Next to a set of Faulkens that I got suckered into putting on my Accord a few years back (wtf was I thinking I only put 2k on them before I went back to Michelins); the Goodyear’s are the worst!!

I have just barely gotten 25K out of my AT/S’s. They have high and low spots, I had one to split on the wall side, and the thumping road noise is KILLER L. I'm an avid 5K rotate/balance and alignment check person, and I do not off road, so I am use to getting way more than 25K out of my tires.

If you're sold on the AT/S, I highly recommend getting em from Wal-Mart, a Goodyear retailer, or some reputable national tire chain. This way you won't get hassled as bad when/if you want to swap em out for something better after they warp on ya.
:fire:

I also agree, they suck.

The Wrangler AT/S wasn't that bad for me since I did manage to get 35-40k miles on them before they finally wore out, but traction was best in the first 25-30k miles. The Pirelli Scorpions ATs were pretty good onraod traction for the first 3/4 year until they were cupped really bad and never could stay balanced, but I ended up giving them to my dad so that he would have some tires for a couple more months before he traded in his S-10 Blazer. I had been driving with Mud Kings since February (almost the same time period that I hd the Scorpions), and no problems with them yet, just too noisy for highway travel for me. I didn't mind them driving around town and to work, but it's a mud-terrain, and I wanted a all-terrain for travel, so I purchased a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's Wednesday. So far they are great in wet weather and windy conditions. I could barely feel the 25-30 mph gusts driving across the spillway in the wet weather, so I will keep these on until the spring and switch back to the mud kings when I need more traction when I go fishing. My dad put BFG TA KO's on the '94 about 2 months ago, so we will compare the two tires after a couple of years.

Back