Ford Lightning | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Lightning

Originally posted by ChopinOn22s
Does anyone know if they make a supercharger for the Viper V-10 ?? :eek:
Originally posted by huskyfan23
I don't think they have superchargers for Vipers but I know Super Viper Systems has twin-turbo setups. Below is a pic of their newest system, this will only make around 1700 HP :D
There are a ton of supercharged Vipers, we have DLM (Doug Levin Motorsports down here) www.douglevinmotorsports.com , Heffner's Performance http://www.heffnersperformance.com (think the owner Jason is only 27 and started this operation years ago), you have Sean Roe and his Viper tuning company www.roeracing.com in northern FL , Larry Macedo and his company http://www.macedomotorsports.com/ just north of me , and lot's of others like SVS who mainly do turbo's, obviously Hennessey who's starting to make good on his word and gain his badly tarnished reputation back etc. You should see the amount of daily driver Vipers in the 800-900 rwhp range.

Originally posted by TravisC
EDIT: I meant to put that they do make supercharges for Vipers and they start at about $6,000 for one. They are stock with 450 hp and the supercharger takes it to 625 or 650, not sure which.
The cheapest kit for the Viper was Sean Roe's blower which uses a twin-screw, for about 8K and if you DIY. Others depend on what package you want, nice good all around power, or absolutley sick power and torque band from hell lol. However I think Paxton's kit is around 6K DIY now.

Up till 99' the Vipers had forged pistons and the 96-99 cars had a more aggressive cam profile, it's easy to get 800 rwhp on the stock engine. 00-02' cars have cast pistons and a less aggressive cam profile (b/c of the pussy's who complained about vibration, which was the lope from the cam) but there are still people in the 700 rwhp range on the cast piston engines. The motor is rock solid. A stroker kit can produce 600 n/a rwhp reliably.

Here's vid of a guy I've been talking to on his stock motor GTS with a Paxton Novi supercharger (save target as) http://undergroundracing.com/shop/UR Cars/UndergroundRacing - Matt Yates - 1996 Viper GTS.wmv
eek5.gif
bowdown.gif
, he also just informed me that with some tuning they just hit 925 rwhp and 900 rwtq but their going to detune it back to the 850 rwhp range.

Heres a vid of SVSi's turbo Viper whose best run so far I think is almost a 9 flat at about 150 mph (this car is going to take the crown away from Henessey soon) and the other car is Paul Castrano's who blew his trans on that run, but the car run's high 9's all day and is the fastest supercharged Viper in the 1/4 right now: http://www.myprivateoasis.com/vettec5/misc/vids/pcsvs2.mpg

Oh yeh, we should have our GTS soon, but it's staying n/a for road racing use:D

-------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic, I have a friend with a modified Lightning with bolt on's and tuning from JDM, he run's low 12's on drag radials, you should hear the rumble with his LT's and custom CGS exhaust, will probably hit high 11's once his traction bars go on. The best is when some annoying ricer pulls up next to him on the right side, he pulls up till his exhaust is even with the driver if their window is down and gives them a full blown blast of that sohc monster lol. One of our new neighbors has close to the same setup as his, but run's LT's and a Magnaflow exhaust, damn, the window in our computer room shakes when he goes by.

As for the SRT Ram, I think the only negative thing about it will be the trans, bullet proof trans, but your going to have a ***** of a time trying to launch that low end torque monster with a manual trans and no weight over the rear tires. Not much of a threat to the current Lightnings b/c good luck trying to find a stock one which is pretty rare, but the Lightnings might want to watch out if somebody like DLM or Heffner gets a hold of one:eek:

ok enough typing, my hand hurts, but I have a crapload of vids of supercharged vipers if you want.

WOW, that first video was BAD!!

Back