CD changer replacement...

punisher

Punisher
Reaction score
City, State
Fullerton, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer 4.0L SOHC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow... $250 bucks... Hold out man, they go up for sale here on the board frequently... And they sell for between $50 and $100 SHIPPED...

Put up a post saying that you're looking for one...

I'd go with the Kenwood

about $10 more and better quality

but what do I know...mine isn't working right now either and well don't matter to me...

Karol

i got a stock one- i'll sell it for $50 shipped for sure. if it doesn't work i'll even refund everyting but the shipping price (it worked when removed 2.5 years ago and has been stored indoors)

Mine still has the standard changer in it and I get pissed off with it skipping, can I fit a different changer that will still work with the factory head unit?

Since you have the changer plug already, you're better off buying another OEM one instead of an aftermarket. If you get an aftermarket, you need to get an adapter and run a wire to the amp which is located in the right rear quarter panel. It's a big hassle!

the kenwood doesn't need the adapter

crutchfields site says so

Karol

oopps i was wrong

sorry yeah you need an adapter

I bought their Kenwood changer and the adapter a few years ago for like $240?? Not a bad deal then. It still works like a charm. :D

^240?? ill just stick to the good ole hands lol

It's not that bad. I want to keep everything stock b/c I park my truck at school during the school year and there have been a lot of break-ins so that was the best way to go.

Back