• Register Today It's free!

Kicker and Orion components?

Magicfan25

Reaction score
City, State
Central FL and WPB Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport SOHC
Its not for the exploder, but I know some of you know entirely too much about car audio ;)

Lookin for some speakers for my mustang and just wondered what you guys thought about Kicker and Orion as far as component sets and multi channel amps.

Im looking at Orion Pro components, 5x7 I believe. and the kicker set in 6.5"..the orions might actually be 6.5"..went so many places its becoming a blur now lol. Looking at the website, Im pretty sure the kickers were the nicest set they offer.

The kickers are 399 the Orions 380

Then it was either an Orion 400x4 or Kicker 300X4.

Then I was gonna top it off with my 12W3 V2 in a Qlogic box with a JL 500.1 amp.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The kicker ones are with the discount..the one shop (that did my explorer setup when I had it) wouldnt give the discount prices till I was ready to do it. They took quite a large amount off the price setup last time.

After my amp craping out last year, I will not buy any stereo stuff from a place that doesnt get me a factory warranty. Also I hate installing stereo since Im so dumb with it..by the time I bought stuff online, shipped it, then payed someone to install it, it costs more than just buying from the shop.

I agree, for speakers look elsewhere. Orion makes some very nice amps though.

well expo5.0 ships with full warrentys and will help u any way he can on the install or fine tuning of anything =) so theres no reason to pay the HUGE!!!! markup at stores...the main reason i stress this is because if u buy from them u are supporting them adding to the numbers of people that have been takin advantage of...and they will continue to sell at higher prices yadda yadda yadda u know waht i mean

but a set of compenents is as hard as getting the door pannels off...the first ones the hardest the 2nd one ur a pro..it should just be plug and play after that if not a handy set of wire cutters and everything works just fine

but expo does give full warrentys..thats one of the reasons i buy from him the other is that he has helped with everything because i was also audio dumb a few months ago lol peace man i hope u get the sound ur looking for

Ive been off the site for some time now, didnt realize he was selling stuff. Ill have to get in touch with him then

magicfan25,

Just thought i would give you a word of advice on the sub amp setup you plan on getting. I have a 12w3v2 in a sealed enclosure with a JL 300.2 amp running it. The sub only calls for 300 watts rms so a 500.1 would probably be over kill. With my 300.2 the sub pretty much is maxed out as it is so you can save yourself some money and go with a smaller amp. Just my .02

Thanks for the replies, Ill have to sned expo5.0 a PM I guess..or does he have a website?

As for the amp/sub, this is stuff left from my last setup, I know its alot of power for one sub, well turn the gain down on it.

send expo a pm asking for his AIM name and hell give it to u so u can talk to him..hes a really nice pearson to deal with super helpful

Back