Calling all Explorer's on Tennesse and bordering states!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all Explorer's on Tennesse and bordering states!!

Originally posted by N2FORD
How about a run to Windrock near Oliver Springs TN. I atv there several times a year and ran up on a toyota club yesterday. They have everything from mild to wild. Maybe we should start a new thread if anyone is interested?

Lets start a new thread . Name it tenn wheeling or something like that

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey fordbeast98, I saw you up at wheelin in the country, i was in the blue explorer!

badass, did u do good up there. I had a ball. Im probably going back up there in a month or two. I noticed you had a body lift. What else do u have done

i have a 2in body lift and tt, shackles, and add a leaf on 31s, but have 32s sitting at my house. i'm lookin around for some wheels now. i had a lot of fun wheelin in the country as well, but most of the trails where out of my league! i would love to go back some time though.

O.K. I will start a new thread and see what response that gets.

yeah there are a few places in and around TN....

Coal Creek in Oliver Springs, TN
Turkey Bay in Land Between the Lakes Nat't Park
Cedars Of Lebanon state park in Lebanon, TN
Tellico on the border of TN/NC
Monteagle in Monteagle TN
Wheelin in the Country in Sommertown, TN

if you saw that group of Tacoma's at Coal Creek on the first you saw me riding in a Tan Tacoma with a Snorkel Sliders and Dueler M/T's

I got a few guys from around TN and KY going to Turkey Bay with me Feb 7-8 and i will probably camp the night of the 6th as well if you guys wanna join in we will be more than happy to have you along.

I am also up for any wheelin trips in and around TN you want to go for.

BTW who do i need to talk to about getting a company sponsored by this site?:D

I was at windrock on saturday the 3rd. We ran up on about 5 toyotas on trail 3 or 4 can't remember which for sure. If that was you guys did you make it the rest of the trail or turn around at the creek before the big hill? That was pretty rough on a 4 wheeler. I would not try that last part in my explorer. I saw a older jeep cherokee down off the trail there last year.

yeah that was us... yeah i walked up that hill and spotted but they all made it under thier own power.

It was very doable just took a lot of skinny and front and rear trction aids...Limited Slip front and locker rear minimum. That group is known as TN-TTORA (toyota tacoma offroad association)

I am impressed, that is a rough part that I am not ready to hit with mine. I still drive mine to work and around and don't want to kill it.

ill run up in stock form if i can get my buddy to spot me.... it really helps to have someone who knows your driving style spot you on rough sections.

I can get you through it if you want... you just gotta trust me.:D

Back