front wheels toeing out..?

FoxxRocket

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
92XLT 4.0LV6 PushRod 4X4
Guys, i have a 92 XLT 4wd Explorer...

im having problems maintaing a front end allignment...

the passenger side tire (when looked at from the front of the vehicle ) is WAAAY toed out ... like this --> /

but all my wear is on the driver side front on the inside of the tire....?...

does anyone know what this might be,, worn part? and what part?..

thanks a million guys..

-Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long does it take, after you align it to go back to being messed up?

That'd be your camber, not your toe. Balljoints maybe? I'm not familiar with the first gen suspension.

are the cambers or ball joints expensive to replace?..

able to be done at home?

-Chris

The chamber gauges used in the 1st gen suspension are non-adjustable and have to be replaced in order to fix that problem. I would not try it at home being that you need an alignment machine to get it right. They are about 100 bucks a side for new gauges.

Originally posted by hydroxy
How long does it take, after you align it to go back to being messed up?

NOT long hyd... not long at all.. maybe a week...
-Chris

Ball joints and worn camber bushings would be my guess. Probably cost a couple hundred if you have a shop do everything.

yes, after my fun at Rausch, I had some nice toeing out going on... had to replace a ball joint and need to schedule some spindles to be shipped/replaced via Draper Garage. :)
I havent forgot, work is just killing me. Sometime in March I anticipate, maybe after my business trips to Ohio, and to California. :p

Originally posted by sunbum
yes, after my fun at Rausch, I had some nice toeing out going on... had to replace a ball joint and need to schedule some spindles to be shipped/replaced via Draper Garage. :)
I havent forgot, work is just killing me. Sometime in March I anticipate, maybe after my business trips to Ohio, and to California. :p

Brian unless you had your balljoint previously replaced, I say they were due. Those OE are terrible thats why I replaced mine to a set of Moog greasables.

Back