what kind of plugs and wires do you guys recommend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what kind of plugs and wires do you guys recommend

Buckeye26T

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Sport
whats up...just wondering your opinions on what kind of spark plugs and wires to get...i have a 96 exp xlt with 96k on it just bought it so don't know the last time they were changed...i would like a set of plugs and wires to give me a little more power if that is possible...thanks in advance for the advice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your keeping the engine stock, just buy some FMS ones

thanks for the reply...but what are FMS ones?...the only other mods i will prob do are K&N filtercharger and exhaust...even though they are simple mods it can't hurt to put a good set of plugs and wires if i can sqeeze out some hp...so anyone have some ideas?

Unless you are planning on racing, I would use Autolite dual platinum plugs and Autolite premium wires, both sold at Kragen/Checker and Pep Boys.

I run Bosch Platinum +2's and jacob's 8.5mm wires.

Dont expect to feel any difference with a plugs/wires upgrade though, unless you're engines mis-firing and what not. It will feel somewhat smoother and maybe a very slight increase in response.

I put in Bosch Platinum +2s and the Bosch wires, figured that I'd keep it in the family. Mine hadn't been changed ever I don't believe (94 XLT). So it defenitely just gave me peace of mind that all was new and effective but it just helped it run a little smoother.

I think there is a thread on this somewhere else but i use bosch platinum +4s and motorcraft wires (for now)

i run NGK Iridium plugs with Bosch wires, did notice a better difference when I installed them

Bosch Plats & Jacobs wires are the way to go. My rigs runs pretty smooth now.

I am trying to get some motorcraft wires but I am getting a big ole list and I dont know which is the right ones.

Back