aamco power purge

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
i'm sure everyone has seen this advertised.
any input on this?

My tranny fluid and filter has about 18000k on it right now as per pervious owners reciepts...but i don't know if the old shop replaced all the fluid or just enough to change the filter...so i am kicking around ideas right now.....i wanna make sure ALL the tranny fluid and filter get changed....so let me know what you guys think...i'm open to ideas...i'd prefer not to do the work myself as i don't have the time.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A DIY tranny flush takes very little time and will save you bundles of money.

I would not pay for this service. Either modify your existing pan - add a drain plug, or get an aftermarket pan that has more capacity and a drain plug. When I "drain" my 4r55 via the pan, I only get about 3.5 quarts. After installing a cooler and new filter kit about three months ago, I filled and "drained" the trans three times - once every weekend. Most of the fluid was replced (but not all), and now has the nice red color. Seems to work for me - the drain plug really makes this job a snap.

Seems like a lot of trouble for something ( flush ) that you can do in less than 1/2 hour.

I haven't seen the advertisement yet. What is it about? Cost?

the power purge commerical states they replace all 14 or 12 quarts whatever the amount your car takes of tranny fluid not just half of it.
i think the cost is $100

you have to have seen the commerical its got the younger people marching in place as a methphor for a healthy tranny, then it says as it gets older it can wear down and get dirty...then it shows a bunch of seniors that are covered in dirt that can barely march in a line...

:)

Sounds like an okay deal considering a regular tranny oil change is $80 around here.

yeah i paid 70 last time for a filter and tranny fluid change...but if you don't get all the fluid by just dropping the pan and chaning the filter i doubt they changed all the fluid

Alot of places around me advertise a tranny flush for $60-$70. My dealer did the flush and told me to find the lowest price and they would match it. I hate trans fluid, that is why I take mine to someone else.

These prices, I assume, must be for conventional ATF.

It costs me $117.oo for 15 quarts of Ansoil synthetic ATF as well as about $10 for a K&N filter ( external filter ), And that is with me doing it myselg.

Back