Sea Foam Info | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sea Foam Info

mineral spirits will clean the injectors huh?

I havent heard that before but thatd be great if it did because I can pick some of that up cheap at my work.

Will 1 Can of SeaFoam be sufficient to use through the vac line as well as pour into the crankcase. 1/2 + 1/2

or: would it be better if I split it up into Thirds and go vac line, crankcase, and gas tank (in lieu of the mineral spirits)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by xwhaler
Will 1 Can of SeaFoam be sufficient to use through the vac line as well as pour into the crankcase. 1/2 + 1/2

or: would it be better if I split it up into Thirds and go vac line, crankcase, and gas tank (in lieu of the mineral spirits)?

I would use 1/3 to 1/2 can in the intake and a whole can in the gas and NONE in the oil. Nothing but oil will ever go in my crankcase,

sea foam

I think you may find it on line if no where else. I've looked in a few places and have not found it yet. We do have NAPA around here. That's where I'll check some time this week.

Auto Value Parts stores carry it too, but if you have access to just those places, then I'd go with Napa. It's something they could probably order for you too if they don't have it in stock.

i've heard that if you add a little diesel to your gas tank it cleans the motor up nice, but i've never tried it

i think ill let you try that one first. =/

sea foam

Ok I tried the sea foam today. Went through brake booster hose with 1/3 of the can. Had no problems. I held my thumb over most of the hose leaving a small area for the vacum to suck up the sea foam. Shut motor off. Waited 5 minutes as instructed on the can. Went for a ride and there wasn't much smoke at all. Added the rest of the can to gas tank. Want to do crankcase but I think I'll do that just before changing oil. If it's going to clean the grap out of it I don't want it floating around a long time.

Back