Official Moab 2004 Chitchat Thread | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Moab 2004 Chitchat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday: My first reaction is that I'd rather start as two groups since one big group is going to be one big traffic jam to get to the top (not to mention I've done it 3 times already. EDIT Alright, I've only done it twice, what am I complaining about.). But on the other hand its the only way we're going to get everyone there at the same time. With two groups, one group will be waiting at the top for the other for who knows how long. Coming back down via Rose Garden sounds good though.

Saturday: Behind the Rocks and Tip-Toe should be very cool. . a chance to show the modified crowd how to wheel :D

Sunday: Moab Rim sounds great to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm back! Anyone miss me?
My computer got sick (virus) but its feeling much better now!

Gerald,
I'm up for the monday run, but I have to leave Tuesday morning so I wouldn't be able to run then, but what aout a modified run on E-hill for Sunday. Then thoes of us that wat to run Lockheart could stay at E-hill camp grounds and meet the rest at the trail in the moning?

Tip-Toe on Saturday sounds cool also.

Perry, A stock TJ should do OK on E-hill. We had one with a front ARB (I can't remember if it was lifted or not) run with us last year and he had very little problems.

P.S. I have my 700R4 adapter and all the stuff from Bowtie on the way. Next is getting the tranny built.

OH YEA, Congrats Gerald and Ashli! :chug:

Oh yeah. Cool park. After Moab 2002 on our way to Nevada we stopped there briefly.

Cool pics, quite scenic, reminds me of here, in a way (the mountains), But we don`t have snakes like that, I don`t like poisonous snakes, BTW, If I see any down there I`m throwing my wife down for a fake and running!

I guess I`ll see how everything plays out, but I `m still definitely heading for Arcata, California after Moab and will try to stick to interstates unless I can buddy up!

Someone mentioned gassing up before leaving I-15, which reminds me to bring a full gerry can along while I am traversing those great expanses, yikes.

ld50 - "Footprints" should get archived right next to that great old song, "Feelings."

lol, I missed that, don`t forget "memories, misty water colored memories.. of the way we were..."

Well it is getting ever closer ;) Are you ready???? :D

no............... just order my tranny from phoenix should be here 3-7 days

PHP:
Well it is getting ever closer  Are you ready????
ME? Well... I`m rolling along

Gotta install my front locker next week.
And put a new radiator in.
And replace my saggy front springs.
And replace the plugs
Maybe the fuel filter too
Oh yeah, gotta put some good tow hooks on the rear I guess
Oh and an oil change just before leaving.

one of my hubs loosened up on me after 6 hrs of logging road on the weekend so I`m worried about that too, gotta take a close look at them, hope nothing was damaged in there, maybe I should get a new set of nuts there because it always seems to loosen off on that side.

I`m not ready am I?

:smoke:

Ok while you are doing all that next week I'll be in Moab testing out the trails for you..........LOL :D

Thanks for the congrats Mike. I just put Elephant Hill on for Sunday so let's see the reaction we get and who says they want to go. Unless you specifically want to camp out there Sunday night I don't know if that will make much difference.... you will be at the END of the Lockhart Basin trail so we won't meet there, you'll have to come back up Moab anyway to start Lockhart Basin with us. I do think we may end up camping at the end of that run though, depending on how long we spend on the trail Monday.

Jefe, yeah I agree, Friday may be too much and too big a group.... then again, the EJS groups are a heckuva lot bigger than this one will be. I do suspect that we may start splitting up after the TOTW depending on the time and etc.

We are planning on making it to Moab around 3:00-4:00 so I was wondering what would be a good trail we could run before dark so Jeff would get an idea of what the weekend is going to be? We could always go play on "Babie Lions Back".

I think Jefe would agree with me - DON'T try to do Hell's Revenge. The first part of the trail was perfect to "get us in the mood" for Moab, but we were stuck with no real trail markers and barely any GPS coordinates after it started getting dark. It could have been a big mess if a Hummer Tour Guide hadn't passed by and made sure we saw which way to follow him out.

IF you weren't already planning on "Fins N Things", it's a fun trail with lots of exits to cut the trip short when it starts getting dark.

Brother_of_Jefe said:
IF you weren't already planning on "Fins N Things", it's a fun trail with lots of exits to cut the trip short when it starts getting dark.

I was thinking of this trail because it is one we did 3 years ago and we really liked it. When we did it 3 years ago I remember Rick having a little trouble at a couple of the "T's" & I know I don't want to get lost. lol
I guess we could go play around and then always go back out the same way.

Perry, you could also run fins n things starting from the end. That's where most of the fun stuff is. I ran it backwards a couple of years ago when we got lost on the trail. The trail has lost some of it's land markers making it hard to find.

The drawback is that you have to pay the park service to get in. So your day pass would be only good for a couple of hours.

Brett

Holy Moley!!! Brett did you get that sucker out of the garage or what?? (avatar)

trans is still not done....truck is sitting with everything out, waiting for the replacement. I need to get some miles on it prior to Moab, keep your fingers crossed :)

Perry I would go over to gold bar rim or gemini bridges both trails have plenty of things to play around on and are really easy to get to. The bridges run is super easy but once you get to the bridges there is plenty of bouldering that will test a stock anything :) It stays light until about 6:30-7:00 over on those trails so you should have plenty of time to play around ;)

bring on moab!

Attachments

• noseat.jpg
    noseat.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 160

Hi everyone I am going to make a come back it was a crazy year for me last year hope to see all my old buddy's and see some new faces, see you in Moab soon.

Who needs seats anyways, seats are for sissy's man roll it like that. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Msupertek said:
Who needs seats anyways

that's my motto!

i wish i had the money to build a cage, but actually rerunning my amp wires, rewiring all my speakers, taking out all the carpet and cleaning it all, and leaving a couple of the seats out for extra room. the spare change was just a bonus :p

edit: also running a new coax cable for the new cb antenna i have setup on my new cb antenna mount that i got from last year at moab...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back