What is needed to swap 99+ bumper/fascia on 98? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is needed to swap 99+ bumper/fascia on 98?

98 XLT 4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Easton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Explorer XLT
I really want to put a 99-01 bumper on my truck but i cant find a new one anywhere nor do i have the Ford part number to get what i need from my Ford source. I dont know what all is needed but im pretty sure the reinforecment isnt the same but not 100% sure. Any willing to fill me in on what all i need if you know. Thanks.

XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just the bumper cover, and the reinforcements. give torrie a call for the reinforcements, and keep in mind i have the bumper cover still at my house. if you want it, i can meet you somewhere next weekend when i go home.

So what your saying is not anything else is needed. I was thinking if you still had it that i could get it from you because thats atleast one part that i defintally need. Then i can go from there to make it fit. Im pretty sure i need the reinforcement but not 100%.

XLT

There isn't any difference between a 98 and 99 front end, is there? The only differences are between 95-97 and 98-01, I thought?

No they changed it from 98 to 99. The 99 has round fog lights and IMO looks nicer then the 98 front does.

XLT

Bumper.jpg

That is what i want to put on the front of my truck.

XLT

98 XLT 4x4 said:
No they changed it from 98 to 99. The 99 has round fog lights and IMO looks nicer then the 98 front does.
I agree with that 100%. Plus you will have more options in fog light bulbs with the 99 over the current 98 bulbs. Thought of doing that myself but instead I bought an X-Spec air dam from Explorer Express and then found some PIAA pro90 fog lights at another site on sell.

hey 98, give torrie an email and get back to me asap if you want the grill. im going home wed, and will return prob the weekend sometime. so ill have to know by thurs or fri the latest if you want it so i can bring it. otherwise shipping is quite expensive because the box for the grill is pretty big.

Back