• Register Today It's free!

Dual Exhaust on a '96 XLT 5.0

banbro

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT V8
Hi all... just wondering if anyone has duals on a '96 5.0? My exhaust shop today told they could not route duals because of positioning options under the truck. If anyone has done this and has some undercarriage pics of the install I would appreicate seeing them. I tried doing a search but haven't found what I am looking for yet but if this has been posted before let me know and I will keep searching... if you have a link that would be sweet!

Thanks...

Brock

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check out x24. i have done it and its possible. if you want a true dual, you have to either ditch the heat shield or your spare. i just did a single dual in dual out, with piping to each side of the truck wiht it exiting just under the bumper. check out my cardomain site for pics.. good luck

Search around your city and find someone who will do it. It takes a good installer (which is what you want anyway) and a little more $$. I have true duals as do many others on this site. My factory spare is still under there. (255-70-16)
Run 2.25" or 2.5" piping w/ 3" tips. :)

I just put a Y pipe after the muffler. Plenty or room for spare & all.
Just got to find a shop that will do it.

I found places that could do it with the spare too, just the price that eventually turned me away. With a 5.0 a nice dual setup would be best. If you have that 5.0 exhaust sound behind duals it'll be sweet.

Edit: Bring pictures of how other people have done it. It took pictures for me to convince places that it's possible to run the duals with the spare

Are you doing true dual exhuast or just doing a single in/dual out muffler? If I had a 5.0 I would be going true duals.

Back