New question and angle on the TT

zhanx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Up state NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xls
ok i own a 2000 xls and i want to raise the front end up 4 to match the lift i am going to do on the rear. when i do the TT can i make drop brackets and move the rear of the torsion bar down 2" i.e make a bracket that drops the rear bracket down 2" ? if i make it out of heavy gage steel it "should be" or ami crazy and should just buy a kit instead of making my own parts (got access to a machine shop so i can make anything i need)

btw thanks for the board it gives plenty of ideas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if it is a 4x4, you arent going to be able to do 4" tt lift up front or you will be fragging CVs all the time...

i personally wouldnt attempt to modify and lower the bar brackets unless you really know what you are doing... and to have asked such a question like that, im not saying you arent smart, its just a project that you dont appear to be able to do....

ok let me refrease the question, can i use drop brackets to get the same lift as a TT on the torsion brackets without doing an extra 2" tt, just use the tt to level out my x

i dont think there are any made... and i wouldnt make them myself.... i wouldnt take the chance if they failed with my life or someone elses....

The drop brackets still won't change the geometry of the CV joints (IE won't help), so you still couldn't do it more than 2" without problems.

The height of the rear of the torsion bar is not the issue. The front of the torsion bar, when twisted, forces the vehicle up. By moving that bracket down, you are not really doing anything...I hope that makes sense.

The drop brackets that come in the lift kits just help to relocate everything back to a level plane since everything was moved 4".

ok i was thinking if i made drop brackets for the rear it would do the same as a tt without crankin on them

Back