Utah Explorers | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Utah Explorers

wheelin date

Ok guys I've posted a couple of dates to possibly go and all that goes on is talking about going. So lets put up and shut up and hit the trails. Basketball season is over for me this week so any sat. is a good day for me. I just need a couple days notice.:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where did you post the dates?

I posted them here in this thread.

Wheelin Date

hey guys when do ya want to get together and go get dirty?

As long as its a weekend im game. But I dont have 4wd anymore... Need a new t-case :(

Is your Ex undrivable or just no 4x4? There is plenty of "tame" stuff around here that doesn't need 4 wheel drive. Also when you get the new case I've changed a few and I have access to a lift and all relevant tools if ya want help.

N'other Utah Fella

Live in Bountiful...

if you're wheelin somewhere thats not tough for a stock explorer i'm game...

it's stock........for now :)

dewgod said:
Is your Ex undrivable or just no 4x4? There is plenty of "tame" stuff around here that doesn't need 4 wheel drive. Also when you get the new case I've changed a few and I have access to a lift and all relevant tools if ya want help.

Thanks Dewgod. Yea, its(t-case) shot. So I need to get a manual from a ranger with the shift linkage. I could go cruise around in 2wd though. Just post a weekend you would like to go out, and I will come :) That would be really cool if you could help me install it once I get it. It should be pretty straight forward I think.

With the lift and air tools we'll be done in 2 1/2 hours if nothing goes wrong.

To Mrmoose: Most of the stuff around here is pretty easy. Can get some hard stuff though. I am currently stock so we will be runnin the same places. Lots of loose sharp rocks so good offroad tires are a must. unless you like changing tires a lot.

I'm tied up this comming weekend (2-4 Apr) but avaliable after that.

Premier- I have access to the lift fri sat sun from 9:00am to 5:00 pm

Thanks Dewgod. It may be a month or 2 untill I get the parts. A t-case and the shift linkage isnt cheap lol. :)

wheelin date

anybody up for wheelin on the 10th 17th or 24th of April let me know

Well - you have another Explorer in Utah now... :cool:

But mine does good to make it down dirt roads - much less go wheeling in... :hammer: I will be up for any get togethers if someone might have a spare seat they need a person in...

Moving here is going to make me get another ride to add to the stable. Something in the other direction as I am in now (raised instead of lowered). There are just too many beautiful places to go - and right now I can't get to most of them... :)

Add me to the Utah list if you guys plan a wheeling trip some time I will tag along, but you will have to put up with my Heep and I am going Friday 4/9 for EJS in Moab :burnout:

Hey, why don't some of you guys join us for the Moab event? There's PLENTY to do there that a stock Explorer is capable of, and we've already got two dozen other rigs from this site showing up. It's a lot of fun meeting everyone!

I want to go to Moab - hopefully I will make it this year. It will probably be next year before I have something to actually get out and run with everyone, but it would be nice to just go down and watch and meet everyone....

GJarrett said:
Hey, why don't some of you guys join us for the Moab event? There's PLENTY to do there that a stock Explorer is capable of, and we've already got two dozen other rigs from this site showing up. It's a lot of fun meeting everyone!

Need a new T-case :mad: :fire:

:)

17 April

Ok guys Premier and I are gonna get together on the 17th out here by where I live. I have thousands of acres around me to play in. Plus on giant rock. If ya wanna join us let me know and I'll put out more details.

As far as Moab goes it's not the will or the vehicle stopping me it's the get ready bad bad word comming -------JOB stopping me. I do hope to go some time in the fall or definately next spring.

As far as the guy with the heap we'll let ya tag along. The two guys I wheel with the most own XJ's :p so come on out. One of them will be with us the other blew his motor so he may come as a passenger.

time

Ok minor problem, my wife reminded me of a commitment on the 17th in the morning but I will be able to go at 5:00 pm. which is still ok (you'll love the sunsets out here). Since it doesn't get dark until after 7:00. The we can wheel in the dark. Assuming everybody has working head lights :rolleyes: :)

How long does it take to drive to Dugway? I dont want to be out there too late...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It takes me an hour and 15 min to get to the airport at 80 mph

Back