• Register Today It's free!

what kind of sports car

Dougie Fresh

Reaction score
City, State
Bethlehem, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
i'm rather tall (6 feet 6 inches) and i was wondering if anyone here knew of a sports car or just a fast car that is big enough inside for me to fit in. i know supras are big inside but im not really sure of any others.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know how much room the Mustang has but you might consider that or a new RX-8. I haven't been in one of these yet but if they are anything like the RX-7 I had there should be quite abit of leg room. I am 6'2" and had to slide the seat up some to comfortably reach the pedals. Best thing to do is go out and sit in some, see what fits you the best.

aite. i know that i dont fit into mustangs or at least the current models, not the new ones that are coming out which by the way look totally hot. ill check out the rx-8.

I used to drive a supra and had plenty of space. I am 6 4 and found it to be the most comfortable car I have owned. The stangs arent made for someone that size. The F bodies are ok too if you dont mind GM

i think the corvette has more than enough room for u. with the seat all the way back, i couldnt press in the clutch to shift. and im 6'2

No the RX8 is very very tight. I had an RX7 way back in the early 80s and it had more room than the RX8. I'm 6'1", of course I am 210lbs now as opposed to 175 or so back then so maybe that makes a difference. Very neat car though.

A convertible also isn't going to be the best way to go because there is less headroom when the top is up vs a coupe. If you have problems fitting in a Mustang then you're going to have problems fitting into any 2 seat or 2+2 sports car.

Don't feel bad, I know a lot of people that have to drive ungodly vehicles because of their height.

OH, the 350Z I drove yesterday fit me well.

Go with a Cobra. My friend brandon is 6'1 and he has a 97 cobra. He has plenty of room.

Heh I drove an 03 cobra and after 20 mins got leg cramps

It depends on how you're built. I'm 6'1" but I have a long torso, so adequate headroom is a problem in many cars for me. I would check out the Mini Cooper S. It has plenty of headroom and legroom and is a blast to drive. It handles like it's on rails with the Sport Package and is pretty fast (faster if you opt for the dealer-installed John Cooper Works package).

Mike

i vote for an suv with 10k in engine mods

The only problem with the mini cooper is there is not much room to store anything, except for a school bag or very little kid.

any Corvette C5 coupe will fit you. I test drove a RX8 it was a bit small. I am 6'4".
-AG

Back