BIG changes about to occur (Please Read) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BIG changes about to occur (Please Read)

I think the PA chapter is the only one still up on the net, it is run off of my site: extremexplorers.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still here and have paid my dues :)

ExplorerEB96 said:
is Pennex still alive Jeff?

Karol

Eh, it's barely twitching...I tried getting people together several times, and got squat for responses, so I haven't done much with it. As Chris said, the website's still there, but that's about it. I'm willing to help out with the club & website, but I just don't have the time to run it right now.

Hopefully having everyone still interested reply to this will narrow this down to a club that the members actually participate in things. More runs like the first two would be great. (14 Explorers at each)

I'm planning on moving at the end of the summer, so it's best to take care changes now instead of then. I won't be able to be a member then and am saving all of my money for the move so I guess this is the end of my membership. It was fun while it lasted. Good luck with the future of the club.

With the interest to increase participation and to improve the club overall, Lizard and I have been talking about a merge between Extreme Explorers and ECX. This would clear up a lot of problems that ECX has been having. Lizard has a website (an excellent one at that), a separate forum, and a decal machine to ease the process of getting decals to members. This is still in the beginning stages and a lot has to be worked out. Also the club name will probably change but not drastically. Please post any questions here and we will try to answer them as best as possible.

hey name doesent matter, just the fact of haveing a bud or two to go 4xing with. im new to the pa area and dont know that many people let alone people who want to wheel. I say merge. lets get this thing going and have some fun..

By the way if any are in the allentown area and are handy with a wrench i could use help finishing my rig.. i pay in beer and food....

Gary

As Ryan said, we are proposing a merge here, 2 clubs in basiclly the same area and with the same goals in mind, why not just merge and create a huge club. If everything is agreed upon by Ryan and myself, the merge should be relitively quick, new website, new logo, and new name, now as for the name, the name XtremECX was brought up, that would also be the domain name for the website. We would also be looking for a new logo, any ideas would be appreciated. Maybe get membership cards as well. There will be a membership page listed soon for new and current members to complete so all your information can be organized. If anyone has any suggestions, or comments feel free to dtop a post here.

Gary, Im about 45 min north of allentown, we go out wheelin all the time and your welcome to join us.

I'm still in as long as I end up keeping my X. I should know in the next month or so when it's all settled.

lizard.. i have already paid and got ECX stickers and have them on my explorer.... i dont want to have to pay for new decals.... could you have new decals for free for returning members ....

I say we just keep 2 seperate clubs with the same goals in mind to save from doing new decals.. i also dont like all the X's in the new names....Just keep ecx since were all on the east coast anyway

Matt, the stickers arent a big deal... certainly not big enough to hold back the forming of a huge explorer club, as most of the people in my club know, I usually give out club decals at runs for free, and even if they were paid for, remember I make the decals, and certainly dont wish to make any profit on club members so the cost would be very low, being that I dont have to go through a 3rd party. As for the 'X's' in the new name, that is not decided to be the new name as of yet, it is still under discussion, if you have another name in mind please share.

I like the idea of these two clubs merging. saves me the trouble of joining both... considering mostly everyone is probably in both clubs anyways.

ill keep an eye in here and whenever you guys get everything straightened out with a website and application page ill be there.

I'm still here and still in both, like I always have been despite some problems last year.

I agree on a merge, but I happen to prefer "eXtremeXplorers" if only because it's shorter, easier to say, sounds more dynamic and takes up less space on my trucks' windows than that huge EcX decal :rolleyes: And despite what lizardtrac says about getting vinyl cheap, it DOES cost him $$ to make the damn things, so $2-3 per decal seems reasonable to me. It's up to him if he wants to continue to pay for the site out of his own pocket or charge a small "Club fee" for upkeep.

There are clubs on the west coast, texas, the north central region (indianapolis, ohio, etc), florida, and the southeast U.S.A already, I suggest anyone living in those areas join the club closest to them, since all the runs I've ever been to up here (and i've been to almost every one, so I'm not talking out of my butt) were for peeps hailing from PA, NJ, MD, DE, MA, CN, VT, NH, and NY. Most of us just live too far from George Washington forest in VA and Tellico in TN to visit there for runs, and besides John no one has ever braved a trip all the way up here. That section of EcX should merge with ScX, in my humble opinion.

I agree with spas on the name thing. ExtremeXplorers just sounds cool and if you say that to someone they would have a better idea of what the club is about than if you said, "I'm a member of ECX."

I think I'm out of the game anyways. The way things look right now I don't think I'll have my truck much longer. My friend made me a good offer on it so I think I'm gonna take it. I'll see if I can get him to go on some runs and if he does I'll surely go with him.

Well I for one think that the members should maybe vote on a name... among other things in the club...

Ummmm..........so there is a merging of two clubs.............but then people want to seperate ECX from MD up?

Well, this is starting to make perfect sense...................

Robb said:
Ummmm..........so there is a merging of two clubs.............but then people want to seperate ECX from MD up?

Well, this is starting to make perfect sense...................

actually I think it should cover the same territory as before... if not more. But as with any larger club, more organization will be needed, I was thinking of going state by state, elect a state chapter president/spokesperson for each state in the club, this way there will be less load on each state leader... heres a breakdown of my idea:

1. CEO of the entire club
2. 3 - VICE CEO's... 1 northern, 1 central, 1 southern
3. each individual state chapter presidents/spokespersons

now we may leave out #2 until the club grows somemore but that will be determined at a later date.

thats a great idea Chris,......well planned out. :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back