Official Moab 2004 Chitchat Thread | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Moab 2004 Chitchat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just calculated the costs, and we are scrapping the trip to the coast on the way back.
We are now planning to stay in Moab an extra day to either get in on a monday run, or find something else to do, then we are gunna head back home with a stop at Timpanogos cave national monument.

Woohoo!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brian It will be nice to see you agin :cool:

ld50 said:
Well I just calculated the costs, and we are scrapping the trip to the coast on the way back.
We are now planning to stay in Moab an extra day to either get in on a monday run, or find something else to do, then we are gunna head back home with a stop at Timpanogos cave national monument.

Woohoo!

If your looking for something to do the last day besides a run, this might be interesting to you. http://www.butchcassidyskingworldwaterpark.com/

I think me and the family are gonna stay an extra day and maybe check it out on monday or tuesday.

Brian,

glad to hear your gonna make it this year, JTX also wrote me saying him and his dad are thinking of going to, hopefully they can make it to. talk to you later.

go off road said:
Brian It will be nice to see you agin :cool:

Same here Wade. Marty, it would be great if we could get Joey (JTX) to go so NM will have a good showing.

Origionally I had a racing competition in Detroit I was going to go to but due to the teams finances it is no longer possible. Oh well, I have been waiting for 2 years to get back to Moab.

Going to try and do a few things before going like a high flow cat and new beefier rock sliders now that my tube bender is up and running. Might run out of time however. Also wanted to get my rear bumper made but I highly doubt I will get that done before Moab.

If your looking for something to do the last day besides a run, this might be interesting to you.

That`s an idea, might be nice to relax for a day, been thinking about waterparks actually, hmmm...

Brian1 said:
Well looks like I will be able to make Moab this year. Looking forward to it!

Glad to hear you are going to be able to make the trip. It is going to be ice meeting new people, but also seeing old friends.
We still aren't sure if my dad's knees will have recovered enough from surgery for then to go, but they are also planning on going just in case.

All right Brian! It'll be good to see you again!

I've been looking forward to seeing you again as well Perry, you just need to get some of those other Colorado wussies to come with you :D

I like the plans for all the days but was interested in doing another run on sunday. I know there are already 4 runs going, but by the way Gerald makes it sound in his writeup, Moab Rim sounds like it might be a little too much for my truck, and I did elephant hill last year and could probably do 2 runs in the time it takes to get all the way out there and back. It's a great run, so if my friend comes with me (he's about 70% or so right now) then we'll probably do that, but otherwise, would anyone be interested in doing something else on Sunday?

Yes! I've been thinking the same. Any suggestions on a run closer to town?

Well, my memory may be off, but I believe there were at least three people that requested Golden Spike in their registrations (two of whom have never been to Moab). I didn't put it down because we do it every single year, but if you guys want to think on that one, you surely can't go wrong with Golden Spike - it's probably my favorite trail. :smoke:

Also, none of us have run Flat Iron Mesa yet - so if you want to try a new 4 rated trail instead of working through a 4+ trail, that might be an excellent alternative. It's still on my list to try one day.

I do want to reemphasize that I believe Moab Rim will not be nearly as scary to anyone that doesn't have the lousy-flexing IFS like I do (though it still will be a real adrenaline-pumper).

Brian, it will be good to see you again. Same to Wade and everyone else that is signing up - this is looking to be a really great run this year and I can't wait to see everyone again and also meet those I've haven't met yet :bounce:

I just did Golden Spike last weekend and wow that was fun :smoke: and I did Flat Iorn Mesa backwards that was a fun trail too going backwards makes it a 4+

Hey Gerald I just ran the "Rim" last weekend and thought it was way off camber and scary but a really sweet trail ;) Over the weekend I ran hells revenge, behinde the rocks, golden spike, and moab rim. I think that the stockers will have to be strapped a few times on "tip toe" but anyone with 31's or bigger w/ 1 locker or L/S should do alright. We had a jeep YJ on 31's run everything with us except for behinde the rocks but I think everyone will do fine. The YJ even ran moab rim with us :D

Clint, do we get to see pics? :D Sounds like a great time. No damage I hope.

sorry, hadn't had a chance to check the boards, anyways... bill, what might you be interested in doing, since you'll be the big dawg it'll be up to you if you wanted to do something tough or a little easier...is there anyone else that wants to do another trail with us on sunday? i'm sittin on 33's and will have my rear locker installed (thanks to mrboyle, AKA my own personal hero :D ) so i'm not sure if i'd be prepared to do golden spike, but flat iron mesa sounds like it might be fun, i also wanted to do steel bender so that's an option, and if i remember correctly, two years ago a group went on metal masher and the only reason i didn't go is because i didn't have the rear locker, so that could be an option too. so here's the list of possibilities:

metal masher
steel bender
golden spike (if you guys think i would be able to make it, but it sounds like i might not)
flat iron mesa

other than that i'm pretty much game for anything that's not a stocker trail. we could also think about doing 2 or 3 different trails that are close to each other if we end up having such a small group.

TwoToneX said:
golden spike (if you guys think i would be able to make it, but it sounds like i might not)
If I remember right, Gerald did Golden Spike on 33's and locked rear a few years ago. . .although I know he was draging on a few obstacles (seeing as I was with 35's ;) )

Jefe said:
If I remember right, Gerald did Golden Spike on 33's and locked rear a few years ago. . .although I know he was draging on a few obstacles (seeing as I was with 35's ;) )

Jefe didn't we run Golden Spike last year? I'm only locked in the rear with 33's I know I did take a bybass on one obstacle.

"way off camber and scary but a really sweet trail..." yep that's the Rim :D

Clint, are the ledges on Behind the Rocks any worse than Golden Spike? I am the shortest Big Dawg and was wondering about that.....

Jared - yeah Jefe is right, I did Golden Spike on 33's and a rear locker.... you should make it, but your skid plates may end up very closely matching the contours of whatever it is they are protecting, lol :D ....although you do have more suspension lift than me, so you should be fine :)

"I am the shortest Big Dawg"

Gerald, you sure about that? haha my 33's look smaller and smaller each time I show up for a run! Thank goodness she makes up for lack or tire size with lift, flex and wheelbase!! hahaha

Positive Vibes said:
Jefe didn't we run Golden Spike last year?
Yes, we also ran it last year . . but I didn't have my Rig last year. :(

410Fortune said:
"I am the shortest Big Dawg"

Gerald, you sure about that? haha my 33's look smaller and smaller each time I show up for a run! Thank goodness she makes up for lack or tire size with lift, flex and wheelbase!! hahaha
You at least have a real suspension lift. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And if your ever in doubt or unsure just have Char spot you!

Shes the best spotter ever!!!!!!! :chug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back